`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
World Series thoughts?

RE: World Series thoughts?
The Tigers are going to have to play good defense and limit their relievers appearances to pull this one off. The Giants may not have the big bats but they do play a very fundamentally sound game. The Tigers have the better starting staff and the better offense I'm just hoping they can put it all together. Go Tigers

(10-23-2012, 01:41 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: Wait, making fun of you for fixating on a baseball player's haircut means I don't like gay people? Try again.
"focusing on men's hair"...you know exactly what you were implying. dont even try to play stupid.

and obviously, the tone of my original post was jocular

(10-23-2012, 01:14 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote:

I personally don't focus on mens' hair out on the baseball diamond but give him credit for admitting to something like that. He might even be ahead of his time. Then again, hippies were plating guys like Willie Mays while Boston was busy passing on guys like Mays and Jackie Robinson until 1959. So maybe he's still mad at hippies about that?
I hope you do not take this the wrong way, but if by hippies you mean West Coast players. Robinson was in Brooklyn and Mays in NY for years before they moved to LA and SF..Robinson 10+ years and Mays 7 years.

Not quite sure what the implication is toward Boston not getting Robinson or Mays...but since I doubt the guys in Brooklyn or NY Polo Grounds crew were hippies..I am lost as to the race and or homophobe charge here..I think the funny sentence from Jacoby was taken for more than simple assault and battery charge...or if Fielder (twice the weight of Lincecum at least) and Cabrera the shaver..are both Battery charges??
Go Giants!!!
I am laughing with you Jacoby!!!

(10-23-2012, 01:55 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: "focusing on men's hair"...you know exactly what you were implying. dont even try to play stupid.

and obviously, the tone of my original post was jocular
Lol, still waiting for your WS thoughts. I mean, other than on hair (I still think you may be ahead of your time) and hippies.

Btw, throwing around big boy words like racism, homophobia, and jocular? Not so jocular. I know ya'll didn't get much for your $174M and baseball's the last thing you want to talk about but I'd rather discuss how a $118M team is going to fare against the likes of Verlander and Cabrera while $174M watches from the cellar. I wouldn't worry though, you got Lackey, Lester, Buchholz, and Dice-K all coming back right?
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

(10-23-2012, 02:26 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: Lol, still waiting for your WS thoughts. I mean, other than on hair (I still think you may be ahead of your time) and hippies.

Btw, throwing around big boy words like racism, homophobia, and jocular? Not so jocular. I know ya'll didn't get much for your $174M and baseball's the last thing you want to talk about but I'd rather discuss how a $118M team is going to fare against the likes of Verlander and Cabrera while $174M watches from the cellar. I wouldn't worry though, you got Lackey, Lester, Buchholz, and Dice-K all coming back right?
my thoughts were in the first post: tigers in 6. im sensing a problem with literacy, comprehension, or common sense with your posts

and dice-k is a free agent

The Giants have momentum and the Tigers have stellar pitching that's rested. Pitching is the key to winning and I think the Tigers have the upper hand there. Verlander is arguably the best pitcher in baseball right now and Scherzer was right behind him in Ks this season and Fister, all he did was set a new American League record with 9 K's in a row and didn't even know it. Valverde scares me but that has nothing to do with his pitching.

Lincecum seems to be a shell of the Cy Young winner he used to be and the rest of the staff is barely better than average. Cain is good but not Verlander good. Brian Wilson is not going to be any help.

I'd have to give the series to the Tigers based on pitching. I also think the Tigers bats are more potent than San Fran's. I just hope it's a good series.

I also find amusement reading any comment Jacoby posts. Right or wrong, he's like the all-knowing God of baseball with a sarcastic sense of humor.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

My thoughts are the Tigers in 5, Verlander wins games 1 & 5 and gets the series MVP. Regardless of who wins, I look forward to watching!
Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

(10-23-2012, 02:46 PM)zeprock Wrote: I also find amusement reading any comment Jacoby posts. Right or wrong, he's like the all-knowing God of baseball with a sarcastic sense of humor.
BINGO!!! Always entertaining and mostly spot on...

(10-23-2012, 02:46 PM)zeprock Wrote: I also find amusement reading any comment Jacoby posts. Right or wrong, he's like the all-knowing God of baseball with a sarcastic sense of humor.

Yes Yes..
That is what I was talking about!!!