`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Players are stupid...........

RE: The Players are stupid...........
I agree about the backing down message for sure, they cant be weak in the negotiation, or theyll get completely screwed. But the figures indicate (from both sides) that theyve moved away from a 24% rollback, to 12%. For mine thats good enough to get on the ice, and by saying that the players should stop complaining, im NOT (im not getting angry just emphasis lol.) condoning billionaires who own the teams as trophies, or as pure business investments with having no passion about it, i think its horrendous. It sucks. But its the same in the real world, for people at Walmart, McDonalds, any corporation. The corporate heads make the money, the workers (players) just do what their told, and earn their wage.

Thats why im saying they should just sign whatever is there (after SOME negotiation), and if they dont like it, leave. There would still be hockey, the NHL would learn if they still want to be the best league they need to up their game - its effectively ultimate free agency. Maybe it'd put paid to 15 year contracts etc, and we wouldnt have this "rollback" issue, because contracts could stand. I like the idea of a max contract length, it makes it simpler for future bargaining. Anyway i digress.....lol.

Thats my opinion (part of) and im sticking to it, im happy to defend it for healthy debate Smile
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

Messages In This Thread
The Players are stupid........... - by rippinwax - 10-18-2012, 04:06 PM
RE: The Players are stupid........... - by mrdub - 10-18-2012, 06:48 PM
RE: The Players are stupid........... - by nemesis77777 - 10-18-2012, 09:46 PM
RE: The Players are stupid........... - by azicet - 10-19-2012, 11:59 PM