`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preparing for Christmas-Need some Help

Preparing for Christmas-Need some Help
So I got married this past Saturday, 10/6/12, and the wife will be taking my last name. She is into sports cards because I am and has her own small collection of cast-offs that mean more to her than they do to me. So my idea is to spell out my last name for a stocking stuffer with the types of letters in the "By The Letter" set. There are eight letters in my last name so I am looking to perhaps get stiffs and nobodies to keep it on the cheap/inexpensive side of things as this is more for a novelty than anything.
Any suggestions regarding what set or sets I could do this from that wouldn't be too expensive? I am looking more to buy than to trade.
The letters that I need are below and I would like to start on this ASAP.

My last name is MARCHAND just like my username.
Also, does anyone have an idea on how to have this mounted for the sake of presentation?
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

RE: Preparing for Christmas-Need some Help
Cool idea and congratulations. I wish I could help out, but I don't have any by the letter's. If I were to come across one, I'd help. Good luck!
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

Thank you very much. I only used the "By the Letter" set as the template to establish the idea of what I am looking for. It can be any set of that nature and I would love to get some suggestions regarding other sets like that so that I can broaden my search(thus making it easier).

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

well I would go to michael's to see if they could custom frame it otherwise jsut build it yourself. I have lot of by the letters. just pm me as a reminder and I can help u out.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

I did this last Christmas for all my children and my niece and nephew. It was no easy task. Yours is much smaller so it's possible. I custom ordered the frame online from an eBay dealer and it was surprisingly cheap. I think $22 a frame delivered. If you go to Michaels or any place like that it will cost much more. I also purchased a mat cutter but I was also doing 6 mats. I used a 50% off coupon for Michaels for that. That will cost you some change to have cut to fit.

The best sets I know if are the Finest and SP. However if your really not picky Razor has some real cheap as well. If you don't need them autographed then there is some nice letters of old time HOF players out there as well.

I have a few letters but sadly none that you need. Good Luck though with the project. If you are looking to just buy I'd recommend you go to COMC.com and set up a free account and just purchase the letters. It will be $25 or less for all and you can have them shipped for a few more dollars.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Thank you very much for the insight. My thought is that I am starting early enough to have everything in place by CHristmas. THank you for the alternative set ideas. It really opens up what I can look for.

hi, i have an "M" that i was just about to list it on the bay for $2.65 delivered. it's 2008 sp scott baker auto, the M is for minnesota. if interested pm me and i'll get it out to you.
SET NEEDS;
2012 tribute blue autos - need most
1995-98 football inserts