`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
I need to do this now before it gets too late. Thank you acevanquish!

RE: I need to do this now before it gets too late. Thank you acevanquish!
Love it. What a great story. WTG ACE!
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

(10-07-2012, 07:03 PM)Mikarlo Wrote: @stera8 Thank you for the tip. I double checked and it is the manufactures' site I dl'd the software and updates from. I deleted everything yesterday am currently in the progress of unzipping and re-installing all the files they had for this model and OS. Unfortunately during this process, I've found out my disc drive is no longer reading discs, so the software that Ace sent with the scanner is currently of no use. I was about to try to buy a used/new drive (depending on cost) before I discovered you could get these files from the manufactures' website. So again, thank you!
yeah. don't waste your funds on a new drive (unless you love watching movies or making cds)... At the store i work with this past week we actually just got in all new software (various companies) and they are no longer giving the cds. Basically you go to the company's website and download the trial and activate it with your code you purchase.
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

(10-07-2012, 07:03 PM)Mikarlo Wrote: Thank you to everyone who has replied so far. I couldn't agree more with the sentiments expressed!

@HeyFitzy I would love to! You accept lay-a-way? ^_^

@stera8 Thank you for the tip. I double checked and it is the manufactures' site I dl'd the software and updates from. I deleted everything yesterday am currently in the progress of unzipping and re-installing all the files they had for this model and OS. Unfortunately during this process, I've found out my disc drive is no longer reading discs, so the software that Ace sent with the scanner is currently of no use. I was about to try to buy a used/new drive (depending on cost) before I discovered you could get these files from the manufactures' website. So again, thank you!
This is a great story, it shows there are still good people out there. I may have a spare CD drive if you need. I can't go without one since most software programs are on disc plus i use it to save or back up info.
I can check what i may have for cd, granted it wouldn't be brand new but i never had one go bad. Maybe check the properties of the drive in windows explorer or an existing cable for the drive might need to be unplugged & reseated (i have had that happen).
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

I work in IT. I have CD drives, DVD drives, if I look I might have one that burns CD or even DVD. I told Mikarlo I could send it if he can't find one locally for less than postage. I tried finding solutions to the lamp warm up error and have sent him a few messages. Thank you other guys for offering your help too. It's always better, you may think of something I missed.

@Mikarlo no I didn't have any idea of your personal life details, I just saw a need (or want) and the ability to fulfill that by getting rid of one I've had sitting around for a while.

Thank you all for the nice words, but most of us know that the names you see on the boards, the people that stay, they all do things like this here and there when possible. Something small to them means so much to the recipient. Many people step up when kids are involved and make some nice memories happen. Not all of them are publicly recognized. Some make donations without anyone ever knowing where it came from. I stand by my signature, it's not just to be funny. This is a hobby. This is a community. It's not a lottery or a career that puts food on my table (at least to me). It's meant to be fun and shared.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

Ace, you're a rock-solid gem, my friend.

And, no, please. I really don't need anyone to send me a disc drive, grateful as I am for the offers!

And Ace is right, since joining the community earlier this year, I have found great joy in collecting and trading. It really has given me something to do with the unseemly endless amount of time I have now-a-days during this time of my life. But it's not just the cards that keep me logging in to Beckett everyday...it's the interaction with a lot of great people! True, the cards are great & I love collecting them, but if any of you have read my profile, I've been a collector for several years...and it can be a somewhat lonely venture. Anyhow, without getting anymore sappy than I already have, I just want to reiterate Aces' point...this is only a hobby, though I think more importantly is...this is a community. Thank you, acevanquish. Thank you Beckett community.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

My scanner just died Sad I'd like one too please Big Grin

But really this is a great thing that you have done Ace. I've been collecting for the past 2 years now and I have met so many great members on the forums I am active on its ridiculous. Card collectors have their own community and many times they join together if somebody needs help. Its makes the hobby much more enjoyable for me. On another forum a member bought me a Denard Span printing plate for my collection. It was my first 1/1 for my PC and I couldn't thank him enough for it so I don't know how I would react if somebody sent me a scanner. I commend you Ace. I haven't been active on here for very long (I was back in 2010, and then the whole site change happened) but I can already tell that you are one that I hope to deal with sometime in the future
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

Cars for everybody!
[Image: 20101116-favorite-things-2005-oprah-600x411.jpg]
[Image: badtime.jpg]

my reaction to CARS FOR EVERYONE!

[Image: Tom.jpg]
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!