`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
1998-99 Finest: Ouchness

1998-99 Finest: Ouchness
Sniped this on the 'bay for a pretty reasonable price...until I opened the contents.

Technically I did pretty spot-on odds-wise. 24 packs, got 6 no protectors (1:4), two refractors (1:12), one no-protector refractor (1:24) and one Hardwood Honors (1:33). However, all six no protectors were commons, as were the two refractors (David Wesley and Erick Strickland- second time I've pulled that refractor of whoever the heck Erick Strickland is). The no-protector refractor was a semistar (Cassell) and the Hardwood Honors was J-Kidd.

Third most valuable card I pulled was the MJ base. That's usually a bad sign haha. Not even bothering with a scan it was so bad. All are laughably FT if anybody's actually interested!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: 1998-99 Finest: Ouchness
I bet it was fun to break...until the last pack.

(10-02-2012, 10:15 AM)mtadams2 Wrote: I bet it was fun to break...until the last pack.
It was actually...only because I hadn't pulled either of the base refractors until the last two packs and they were pretty good w/ coalation at that point. Then I pulled those two no-names. Ugh!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

Atleast u got a mj!
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

dang really need the no protector refractors of Kobe/Kemp/Payton. This is the first time you have let me down Smile
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(10-02-2012, 11:26 AM)crimedawg47 Wrote: dang really need the no protector refractors of Kobe/Kemp/Payton. This is the first time you have let me down Smile

My sincerest apologies crimedawg. I will write a scathing letter to Topps on your behalf!

I opened a box late last year and experienced the same thing. Spot on odds-wise but no real value in it. Scottie Pippen was my best No Protector but refractors were Dean Garrett and Armon Gilliam and the No Protector Refractor was Donyell Marshall. Also pulled a Zo Hardwood Honours. Good fun to bust but a bit disappointing all the same.

Also opened a box off 99 - 00 Finest at the same time which was much more rewarding with a greater variety of inserts coming out fairly regularly. If I had opened it back in the day it would have been sweet as it was the Antoine Walker box!

(10-04-2012, 02:57 AM)Inzamam75 Wrote: I opened a box late last year and experienced the same thing. Spot on odds-wise but no real value in it. Scottie Pippen was my best No Protector but refractors were Dean Garrett and Armon Gilliam and the No Protector Refractor was Donyell Marshall. Also pulled a Zo Hardwood Honours. Good fun to bust but a bit disappointing all the same.

Also opened a box off 99 - 00 Finest at the same time which was much more rewarding with a greater variety of inserts coming out fairly regularly. If I had opened it back in the day it would have been sweet as it was the Antoine Walker box!
Good to know I'm not alone. I'll be staying away from these from now on. Glad the 99-00 Finest went well, but I wanna pull MJs so I gotta steer clear of that year haha.

Incidentally, this box left a really bad taste in my mouth so I picked up another. Got a 97-98 Flair Showcase box coming in!! I'm super excited. One hasn't gone under $160 on the 'bay in at least 6 months, I threw a silly-low bid on it and got it for $103. Here's hoping for a big-name Legacy pull! Smile (and yes, crime, if it's GP you'll be the first to know :-P )