`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: New MLB Playoff format...thoughts?

RE: OT: New MLB Playoff format...thoughts?
I like the fact that winning the Division takes on a bigger role in the playoffs. It seems like in recent years too many Wild Card teams with weaker records have been winning the World Series and that, to me, means it is too easy a schedule on them. I just wish they would have waited for the second Wild Card until next year as they really pushed this through this year after the schedules were set and there really are some nightmare scenarios out there for too many one-game playoffs to get in and funky travel back and forth from East to West coast the same day.

I was flipping back and forth between the Yankees and Orioles games last night and the thing I find ironic is that if the two teams tie, the Yankees would travel to Baltimore for the one game playoff to determine the AL East Division winner as Baltimore had a better divisional win record. Both game's announcers made sure to highlight the fact that the Orioles have actually won more games in Yankee Stadium this year and the Yankees more games at Camden Yards. So, maybe the Orioles don't necessarily want to play that one game playoff. HA!

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: New MLB Playoff format...thoughts? - by fulltritty - 10-02-2012, 06:07 AM