Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shill Bidding? How to tell?

Shill Bidding? How to tell?
This guy always has the latest PSA 10 pop 1 Urlacher RCs

and they sell like it too.....look at his name...Im thinking he works for PSA and grades his own cards or something (one of his PSA 10s has terrible chipping, will post a link to the thread when the auctions over tonight b/c of forum rules...)
His auctions also seem to go for more than similar Urlacher RC PSA 10s

This one just ended

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261103683447?ssP...fresh=true

Maybe Im wrong. Maybe hes a good guy, just dont know. Anyone have any ideas?
Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

RE: Shill Bidding? How to tell?
Just looked through his past auctions, he has to have some type of tie to PSA.

This is the one I was talking about with the sketchy edges.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POP-3-PSA-10-BRI...true&rt=nc

Those Metal ones sometimes just look like that in scans. Sometimes it picks up the light just right so it has a white look to it that makes them looked chipped when it's actually just a reflection. That could be all it is, but who knows.

i dont know what to tell you about the chipping look. it does kind of seem fishy that the guys user name has something to do with psa10's. and to me it does look like theres some shill bidding going on. both of those auctions have a few of the same guys bidding. one has 100% activity with the guy and others at 24 and 11. when you have a couple hundred different items you have bid on and 11% of them are with the same seller, yet only 1 bid on that particular item, you are bidding on an awful lot of that sellers items which to me seems shill. i have over 800 feedback as a buyer and ive only bid on items from the same sellers a few times. it really just doesnt seem to happen that often.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

I bid on stuff from the same seller ALL the time. Plus, some people have a thing for PSA graded stuff, so I could see that happening with this guy even more than in other instances. Having said that, the second place bidder in the auction in your OP looks fishy.

(09-29-2012, 10:33 PM)dabears 1985 Wrote: This is the one I was talking about with the sketchy edges.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POP-3-PSA-10-BRI...true&rt=nc
Look at the bidding history of the winner in the above auction --

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 5
Items bid on: 5
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%

There is no guarantee that this is shill bidding, but it is suspicious. If you see the seller relist this card, or if you were the 2nd highest bidder and you get a Second Chance Offer, then I would definitely claim shilling had occurred. With the stats above, the buyer may just love the stuff the seller has.
(09-29-2012, 11:48 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I bid on stuff from the same seller ALL the time. Plus, some people have a thing for PSA graded stuff, so I could see that happening with this guy even more than in other instances. Having said that, the second place bidder in the auction in your OP looks fishy.
The 2nd place guy in the original auction was the winner of the 2nd auction you posted. VERY suspicious...
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

Yea thanks guys. I follow his Urlacher PSA cards daily and I've never noticed a relisted one, or gotten a second chance