`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown

RE: Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown
(09-28-2012, 06:44 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I don't know how anyone could root against a guy who has a chance to accomplish something that hasn't been done in 40+ years. It's pretty remarkable when a guy is able to get this close. -Of course, I'm a tiger fan, so I'm obviously biased. But I'd be cheering for anyone not in a white sox uniform to achieve the triple crown. (Even then, I'd quietly respect the feat). It's great, too, that he's doing it while in the playoff hunt.
Big Grin D-BAG!!!! JK JK JK Big Grin Big Grin
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

Sorry, man. I must've misunderstood you. -I thought you we're directing the comment at me, instead of using my comment to make your point. -I get what you're saying now. I agree with you that it would seem strange to be a fan of Hamilton, but not Cabrera (and vice versa). They're both exciting players at the top of their game who've had their off-field battles to contend with. -In Hamilton's case, a particularly perilous (and miraculous) journey. I'd love to see him healthy for a whole year. He has the potential to hit .300 with 50+ hr and 160 rbi. The only knock on him has been his durability.

(09-29-2012, 02:22 PM)stera8 Wrote: Maybe you took what I said wrong. I like miggy I like Hamilton. I hope they both stay on the right path. Obviously just like Hamilton, Cabrera has been getting a lot of help.

My second point is that if someone doesn't like miggy because of bad decisions that he has made in the past, they shouldn't like Hamilton (yet he is one of the most beloved in baseball) they both had personal issues and are growing from it. Another example is...if someone was a big fan of McGwire but hated Sosa because of steroids... Do I make sense now? Sorry

Yes it is not funny to offer an alcoholic a beer. And I didn't mean haha and funny in those terms. I forgot that through the Internet you can detect sarcasm. I meant. Only in ny would a fan shout that (not anywhere by me you just heard it)
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Wow, I started this to congratulate Miggy. Let's keep this about Miguel not each other.
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

yeah I think it would be cool if he got it but he won't. he won't win in avg. or home runs. joe mauer is creeping in on avg.

Revolving signature

(09-28-2012, 09:38 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Man, I live in Michigan and follow Cabrera/Tigers closely. He definitely screwed up, and has a drinking problem (which he is addressing), but it's been a year-and-a-half problem free. He's been a good citizen since then. Far from a d-bag. And far from Manny, who had attitude (and PED) issues for a long time. I don't think that's a fair comparison at all. Cabrera is a onsummate professional on the field, and has apparently made great strides in his personal life as well.

Hamilton -and many other players (and regular joes) have had similar problems. There's something to be said for overcoming an addiction like that. I'm not making excuses for him- and if he were still misbehaving, I'd probably agree with you. But, the fact is, he's done well for the last two full-seasons and has become one of the best 5 players in the game.
Fair Enough. Just don't care for the guy. It hasn't been done in 40 years and would be cool to see, but I'd rather see a guy like Mauer do it. I don't like Hamiltion either. Not because of his past with drugs, just don't like his personality.Blaming coaches when he broke his arm sliding into home, calling out and arguing with his coaches on the field. Not a professional. I'm a Yankee fan, and i can't stand Arod.
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket

(09-30-2012, 06:54 PM)jtwellsnyy51188 Wrote: Fair Enough. Just don't care for the guy. It hasn't been done in 40 years and would be cool to see, but I'd rather see a guy like Mauer do it. I don't like Hamiltion either. Not because of his past with drugs, just don't like his personality.Blaming coaches when he broke his arm sliding into home, calling out and arguing with his coaches on the field. Not a professional. I'm a Yankee fan, and i can't stand Arod.
I really respect that statement. I can't stand a-rod either. I don't like miggy either not because of being on the tigers I didn't like him on the marlins either. just has a bad attitude and thinks very highly of himself.

Revolving signature

(09-30-2012, 06:54 PM)jtwellsnyy51188 Wrote: Fair Enough. Just don't care for the guy. It hasn't been done in 40 years and would be cool to see, but I'd rather see a guy like Mauer do it. I don't like Hamiltion either. Not because of his past with drugs, just don't like his personality.Blaming coaches when he broke his arm sliding into home, calling out and arguing with his coaches on the field. Not a professional. I'm a Yankee fan, and i can't stand Arod.
ugh can't wait till he's gone and we can (hopefully) go young.
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

(09-30-2012, 07:26 PM)stera8 Wrote: ugh can't wait till he's gone and we can (hopefully) go young.
Haha, yea. He's tying up too much $$. I'd rather have Chavez at third....
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket

(09-30-2012, 05:49 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: yeah I think it would be cool if he got it but he won't. he won't win in avg. or home runs. joe mauer is creeping in on avg.
Would that be the same 11 for his last 38 Mauer ?

(09-30-2012, 06:56 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: I really respect that statement. I can't stand a-rod either. I don't like miggy either not because of being on the tigers I didn't like him on the marlins either. just has a bad attitude and thinks very highly of himself.
I cant stand cabrera, never liked him. He is kind of like a showoff. Youd think someone living in venezuela like me would be rooting for him, but im not. My dad is following the triple crown hunt but id rather have mauer beat him in avg.......... we will see
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s