`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Cool Leaf Pete Rose Retail Blasters ... With Guaranteed Auto!

Very Cool Leaf Pete Rose Retail Blasters ... With Guaranteed Auto!

So I was in my local Target today, looking for Platinum football, and I noticed that they had these Leaf "The Living Legend Pete Rose" blasters for $29.99 ... 10 packs, six cards per, but the hook was that you get "one autographed Pete Rose card per box or one Pete Rose autographed memorabilia redemption card per box" ...

I haven't specifically been looking for a Pete Rose auto, but I couldn't resist.

I opened the blaster, and sure enough, in a toploader and penny sleeve, there was a Rose sticker auto card. The photo isn't that great (he's reading a newspaper), but hey, an auto of the all-time hits leader out of a retail box is pretty crazy.

Love him or hate him, I have to hand it to Leaf ... pretty creative idea.

(And no, I don't work for Leaf, LOL)

As for the packs, they're all just different photos of Rose, but as far as I can tell I may have gotten a complete 50-card set, too.

Of course, people will complain that the market for Rose autos will be watered down now, but hey, it sure beats the Rose auto I didn't have when I woke up today!

RE: Very Cool Leaf Pete Rose Retail Blasters ... With Guaranteed Auto!
I am going to get one now ty
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(09-12-2012, 05:37 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: I am going to get one now ty
Yeah, I was definitely surprised and impressed ... I can't remember any company guaranteeing an auto of that big of a name for such a low price, especially retail.

I bought one... but they're not worth the price. there are over 1,000 copies of each picture variant auto. I would rather get the pete rose legacy for $40 more to get an on card auto #d /10 or less...
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

(09-12-2012, 05:52 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: I bought one... but they're not worth the price. there are over 1,000 copies of each picture variant auto. I would rather get the pete rose legacy for $40 more to get an on card auto #d /10 or less...
To quote myself in my original post:

"Of course, people will complain that the market for Rose autos will be watered down now, but hey, it sure beats the Rose auto I didn't have when I woke up today!"

I was happy with it.

Some of us aren't fortunate enough to live near a LCS or spend big bucks online.

Plus, just the novelty and surprise of it was very cool.

Yes, that is cool
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

I will be going now to Target to get one! I saw Rose in Vegas and he was charging $90.00 for his auto. I'll be happy with a sticker auto for 60.00 less!!!!
(09-12-2012, 05:52 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: I bought one... but they're not worth the price. there are over 1,000 copies of each picture variant auto. I would rather get the pete rose legacy for $40 more to get an on card auto #d /10 or less...
are numbered cards really that special now? seems like every other month, every player has a 'new' 1/1, /5, /10, /25, /50 etc etc etc.
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

I'll probably buy one, I work at Target and get a 10% discount which basically means no tax. I am and will always be a Pete Rose fan. I'm 3 auto's away from finishing my 1975 Big Red machine team.

(09-12-2012, 06:56 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: I will be going now to Target to get one! I saw Rose in Vegas and he was charging $90.00 for his auto. I'll be happy with a sticker auto for 60.00 less!!!!

are numbered cards really that special now? seems like every other month, every player has a 'new' 1/1, /5, /10, /25, /50 etc etc etc.
Yeah, crazy, couldn't believe it when I saw them, and was still skeptical as I took off the shrink wrap LOL ...

And you're right, numbering is almost irrelevant now.

When Karl Malone was being inducted into the basketball HOF, I sold a 2009-10 base parallel of his, numbered to 10, for ... 99 cents.

I was sure a Jazz fan would have paid more for it.

But anyway, yeah, pretty cool way to pick up a Rose auto.
(09-12-2012, 07:06 PM)chrisjoy Wrote: I'll probably buy one, I work at Target and get a 10% discount which basically means no tax. I am and will always be a Pete Rose fan. I'm 3 auto's away from finishing my 1975 Big Red machine team.
That's awesome ... Is Rose one of the three you need? Very cool PC idea, by the way ...
(09-12-2012, 06:56 PM)homerjg007 Wrote: Yes, that is cool
Maybe that could be a cool little niche for Leaf ... sign exclusives with guys to make their own sets, with retail autos ... pay the player a nice bulk price for autos, then pass the savings on to the customers ... novel concept!

I agree that it is cool to have lower-end autograph cards of big name players. It helps make collecting accessible to people of all economic backgrounds. My only beef would be the lame-o picture. Make it something to do with baseball, he can just hold a bat and stand there. I'd rather that then a picture of him mowing his lawn Smile
Always looking for new and old Twins cards I don't have