`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Busted a Box of 92-93 Ultra

Busted a Box of 92-93 Ultra
I bought a box of 92-93 Ultra like a year ago and I've had it sitting there, unopened. Like I had to do other things, delayed gratification, had to clean up the other stuff I had going on like the crappy Fleer '90 I bought for no reason stuff like that. I'm not saying this is some kind of sweet set or something, hell, it's Series II, but it holds sentimental value. I just remember these were the cards I wanted. They were $3 or something a pack when the other stuff was like $1 or $2 at my local card shop, which wasn't even that local. I pulled the shaq and zo rookies that I wanted, a shaq rejector and a mark price playmaker, remember when the point guard would hold up fingers to say which play? Soooooo '90s!

Anyone have cards like that, maybe they aren't that glamorous but you wanted them?

RE: Busted a Box of 92-93 Ultra
LOL, I've got about 3 boxes of that left in my house. Contemplating whether or not to bust it.

I loved just about every set of 92-93... I used to try to collect them all... my favorite to bust was the hoops... then skybox, then ultra... UD was fun to pull those Shaq redemptions... first redemption I know about.. I had pulled two of the Rookie Redemptions from Hoops & didn't even know what they were. I traded one for $150 worth of cards.. I was so happy!! but then I thought I made a mistake, after seeing how beautiful the cards were once redeemed, but again, I was only 13 at the time. I didn't know what I was doing.. that was the most valuable card I had, besides my ruined MJ RC, which I still have, including the pin whole where it hung on my wall...

I loved Ultra, because of all the inserts.. I am still chasing a few of the insert sets, but have been putting it off.. I forget what year or series the All Defensive Team were pulled form.. those were probably my favorite insert of all time, besides the skybox USA inserts & the Hoops USA Subset..

such memories!!

I been looking for Ultra & skybox boxes & Fleer cello packs.. I'd love to bust some of the first two finest boxes... but looks like those are skyrocketing in price.. I picked up first year Finest jumbo box for around $100 a few years ago... just got around to putting them in order a few weeks ago... best card pulled was a Bird Refractor.. but fun break!!
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

I immediately set aside the MJ Jam Session's and the Shaq and Zo rookies, but everything else, besides current coaches was like "Who the h...."

I thought that back then, even in these retired players they're so fond of putting in sets now, the MJ is always the king, you set it aside or hope for a duplicate. That's a good way to mark how good he was/is, because now, like I busted a couple packs of this year's hoops and figured "hey, I got a Lebron, not a total loss." But then I think, would it have been better if that Lebron were a Kobe or a KD or a DRose or somebody? So neither Kobe nor Lebron, as great as they are, set themselves apart like Jordan did.