Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Sold Card on eBay

RE: Problem with Sold Card on eBay

Dealing with Canada sucks.

For tracking to Canada, I believe it's like $13 ... and of course, some people up there that I've dealt with are like "oh, that's OK, I don't need the delivery number, I don't want to pay extra for shipping ..."

And I'm like, uh, you don't get it, it's not optional.

That's not to mention the nice little postal strike they had last summer — I sold my Sidney Crosby Young Guns and the guy had to wait like five weeks to get it.

I don't like using the funds until I know the card has been delivered, so I had to wait, too.

I used to charge $2 shipping without delivery confirmation until I sold a Jose Calderon 1/1 Championship Ticket out of 09-10 Contenders to some dude who said he never got it (of course).

PayPal went ahead and took the $53 out of my account to pay him for his "lost" card.

The only reason I got it back is that at my local post office, the receipt they give you shows where they sent it (what city, basically), even without a tracking number, so I at least had proof that I sent it to his city.

PayPal looked at my eBay rating (flawless, thank you) and that I had never been involved in a claim either way and refunded my account, but still ...

That's why, unless it's hockey, I don't ship to Canada or any other destination out of the country.

I just don't want to mess with it.

(07-26-2012, 06:36 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: That's why, unless it's hockey, I don't ship to Canada or any other destination out of the country.
Sometimes, though, I have scored some good deals in trading hockey with a member north of the border for another sport I want down here. Also, I have found people paying premium prices for a team like the Blue Jays, which gets me a better deal all around, as I do not collect that team. The wait is rough, and shipping/tracking can be expensive, and I am very selective, but other than long waits I have not had any troubles shipping/receiving with Canada.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Thanks for all of the feedback. It's one month after I sent the card, and I just got notified that he finally received it! That, of course, makes me feel a lot better. I think I will definitely be using tracking for domestic sales from now on.

Jarrrod.... glad to hear everything worked out for you...

Like everybody said before, use ebay/paypal shipping.. Saves you money & includes delivery confirmation.. if expensive card, use the signature required.. costs a few dollars extra.. not sure about overseas shipping.. when I have overseas shipping, I prefer to go to the Post Office or Postal Annex in San Diego to discuss shipping possibilities that include a tracking number and/or signature...

Currently I have two cards that I sold. one being a E-X 2006-07 Kobe Credentials /64 that I sold for over $400. I added signature required... I dropped both packages off at my local USPS.. handed them to the postal clerk. She put them in a box to be scanned. It was extremely busy.. about 50+ customers, but I cut in line & said I just need them scanned. lady was in the process of scanning three boxes of padded envelopes & small media boxes.. I checked for the last few days & only my package that had delivery confirmation shows up as being tracked. the Signature required package has not been scanned & updated on USPS website, so now I am worried... not too much, since the package is only going to CALI... should be 2-3 days to get there. so hoping tomorrow it shows up as delivered, if not, I will be upset..

NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*