`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oppinions??? I am torn on this one!...

Oppinions??? I am torn on this one!...
hey guys i normally never ask for oppinions because it is my personal collection and i typically never go this route but i am really torn on this one... I recently got a nice buy on this 1999-00 SP Authentic Sign Of The Times Penny Hardaway Auto that i didnt have.I normally bust the cards out the graded cases because i am not a fan of the slabs and would rather put my nice cards in 1 touches.However i have never bought a BGS graded card and the grades on this is pretty good especially the auto (10) Should i bust it out the graded case or leave it??? i am leaning towards busting it out the case because Penny's auto's typically look nice and i think the majority of them would grade 10's and the card itself got a 9 which is nothing to write home about in grading standards.I know some people frown upon busting cards out of the graded cases because of the population report but now a lot of people are re-grading cards with hopes of a higher grade.Please let me know your personal oppinions on this one! thanks guys

[Image: pennysottauto.jpg]
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]

RE: Oppinions??? I am torn on this one!...
You know my opinion, Aaron. Bust it out. None of your collection is graded and you aren't going to have them graded. That will fit much better with your collection in a one touch and honestly "a 9 is nothing to write home about". Nice pickup though.

(07-01-2012, 03:18 PM)jeep1991 Wrote: You know my opinion, Aaron. Bust it out. None of your collection is graded and you aren't going to have them graded. That will fit much better with your collection in a one touch and honestly a 9 is nothing to write home about. Nice pickup though.
thanks man! you know me i am def leaning towards busting it out,I am suprised the auto even got a 10 after looking at it closely.It is a nice bold auto but it's not his best penmanship for sure i have some much nicer looking auto's! Last one sold for like $158 if i remember right and it was ungraded so yeah i did well on it regardless so it will be getting busted out and into a one touch most likely.Just wanted to get a feel for how people feel about this method especially since the auto somehow got a gem 10.Thanks for the post DJ!

PS i can no longer use MSN so i have yahoo,i will log on rightnow and add your MSN name.

Maybe I can help YOU out now haha. I had a LeBron Auto PSA 9 and busted it out of the case. First it looks so much better out of the PSA and in a one touch, and I also like to be able to touch the card instead of it being closed in a sealed case. Just my opinion.

(07-01-2012, 03:25 PM)ShowerSongs Wrote: Maybe I can help YOU out now haha. I had a LeBron Auto PSA 9 and busted it out of the case. First it looks so much better out of the PSA and in a one touch, and I also like to be able to touch the card instead of it being closed in a sealed case. Just my opinion.
thanks for your oppinion man i feel the same way! not that i hardly ever take them out of the one touches once they are in them but if i wanted to it would be nice to have that kind of access to my cards! haha i have always agreed.I think if selling cards BGS graded is the way to go but you typically wanna sell a gem 9.5 card.Since i don't plan on selling my Penny collection anytime soon! this serves no purpose for me to have graded cards.The only way i would keep a card graded is if it were a BGS Gem 10 then there is no way i would bust it out..just have to live with the annoying slab in my PC.

I personally like the graded cards, but I agree with jeeps on this. It would go better with your collection in a one touch... by the way that's an awesome card.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

I always like graded cards. But like many have said already...If it would fit into your collection better un-slabed..take that baby outta there! Nice card!

Oh and on another note a BGS 9 is not as easy as some people think it is to get... Most cards pack fresh would be lucky to get a 9+ IMO
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

(07-01-2012, 04:22 PM)kevinr Wrote: I personally like the graded cards, but I agree with jeeps on this. It would go better with your collection in a one touch... by the way that's an awesome card.
thanks man i will bust it!
(07-01-2012, 04:31 PM)arabiansnowgriz Wrote: I always like graded cards. But like many have said already...If it would fit into your collection better un-slabed..take that baby outta there! Nice card!

Oh and on another note a BGS 9 is not as easy as some people think it is to get... Most cards pack fresh would be lucky to get a 9+ IMO
def agree with you man always thought that! problem is the buyers think that BGS 9 are too common.Thanks have been wanting to get this card for quite some time now!

I WOULD NOT BUST IT OUT!

Chances are you, might ding the card or mess it up. Graded cards are not meant to be broken out of the cases.

yes, it would look much better in a onetouch chase, since all your other cards are kept that way. I would keep it. look for another ungraded card.. if you are able to obtain the non-graded card, then turn around & sale the graded one.

I have a huge Jordan Farmar collection. Just about every card is in a onetouch holder, but I found that to be expensive over time, so I put some of the cheaper cards in toploaders instead.. I have 3 graded Farmar cards. I would like to bust them out of the cases, since the grades were 8.5-9, but I chose not to do so..

for those that like touching their cards... how often are you actually going to take the card out of it's protected case 7 touch the card. Are you going to touch the auto too with your greasy hands? Even if you washed your hands, there are still natural greases on your hands/skin. It can ruin the auto. You also have a chance of dropping/dinging the card by playing with it. Only time I would take a card out of it's case is to inspect it.. but even some collectors don't like that. most cards can be inspected while it is in the onetouch holder, toploader, or graded slabs... no reason to remove them for inspection.. unless the cases are scratched. to prevent scratching, put team bags around the cases.. those are cheap & can be easily exchanged for new ones..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(07-01-2012, 07:49 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: I WOULD NOT BUST IT OUT!

Chances are you, might ding the card or mess it up. Graded cards are not meant to be broken out of the cases.

yes, it would look much better in a onetouch chase, since all your other cards are kept that way. I would keep it. look for another ungraded card.. if you are able to obtain the non-graded card, then turn around & sale the graded one.

I have a huge Jordan Farmar collection. Just about every card is in a onetouch holder, but I found that to be expensive over time, so I put some of the cheaper cards in toploaders instead.. I have 3 graded Farmar cards. I would like to bust them out of the cases, since the grades were 8.5-9, but I chose not to do so..

for those that like touching their cards... how often are you actually going to take the card out of it's protected case 7 touch the card. Are you going to touch the auto too with your greasy hands? Even if you washed your hands, there are still natural greases on your hands/skin. It can ruin the auto. You also have a chance of dropping/dinging the card by playing with it. Only time I would take a card out of it's case is to inspect it.. but even some collectors don't like that. most cards can be inspected while it is in the onetouch holder, toploader, or graded slabs... no reason to remove them for inspection.. unless the cases are scratched. to prevent scratching, put team bags around the cases.. those are cheap & can be easily exchanged for new ones..
this is a hard card to get i will not likely get another one,It also is $150 card raw i wouldnt spend that on a duplicate.If i had a good feeling about finding another one soon then sell the graded card i would.But chances are i wont find another one for a loooong time especially with a nice looking auto.You can bust the cases carefully with the right sized flat head screwdriver slowly along the sides not even close to the card and it will slowly start to pop the case open.I never handle the cards other then carefully picking them up along the sides.Leaning towards cracking it but thanks for your oppinion man thats what i wanted to hear from everyone!