`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debate on who's a better player Kobe or Lebron

RE: Debate on who's a better player Kobe or Lebron
(06-09-2012, 02:45 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: lol. I'm not that petty. I didn't pick Kobe or LeBron as a better player. I am not really a fan of either of them per se. But if I had to choose who I wanted on my team, it would be Kobe, not LeBron. My main reason for that is because Kobe has proven to be pretty clutch. LeBron can just as easily take over a game, and not to go against Doc Rivers' request, but LeBron does seem to disappear more often than not in crunch time/games. Now, maybe what LeBron said is the block he had and he'll never have that problem again (about him trying to prove everyone wrong rather than just playing), but I can't foresee the future. Kobe has a history of coming up big late in games and taking over games just as much as LeBron has. LeBron is more of a team player. However, I think the defense part may not be a fair comparison. LeBron is much taller and has a bigger frame. He is even more athletic. However, Kobe is a very good (not great, but good) on ball defender. He's not going to have monstrous blocks nor collect 10+ rebounds in a game, that's not his position. LeBron could darn near play Center if needed.

As far as the Durant thing, I agree, Durant may be 1 step behind LeBron. LeBron is 26/27, Durant is 23, so Durant is a freak. Smile The only thing Durant has to work on is defense some. With his size and athleticism, him and Ibaka should be fighting for the blocks lead on the team. Durant has that "clutch gene" as Steven A Smith puts it, LeBron doesn't (or hasn't). Durant paces himself in the game so he knows he can go just as strong if not harder at the end of the game. But all three of these players play different positions (sorry, with LeBron's size, I really think he should be a PF, not an SF even with his freakish athleticism). They are all the best at their positions. Of who I would want on my team (not who I think is better, and I do see there being a difference) it would be Durant, then Kobe, then LeBron. Durant has a trump card because of his character. If they ever decided to rename the Sportsmanship Award, currently named after my favorite player Joe Dumars, I would hope Durant would get that honor.

But yeah, I don't dislike someone for going off and beating my team. If anything, I'd be more upset at my team as everyone is stoppable, you just have to put forth the effort. He did what he is capable of doing, and should do, every game. I won't dislike someone for doing what they're capable of. lol.

I know that was not the real reason but just had to mention it as that was a clutch as you can get. Kobe might be a better clutch player but my point with Shaq he got his 1st three rings and took a ton of pressure off of him for the other 2 he won. Lebron is still searching for that first one and pressure has been a factor on why he didn't win and no supporting cast till last year and this year and his first championship could be huge for the rest of his career. Everyone knows the first one will be the hardest to get. Getting down to the final 2 teams I can't imagine the pressure that will be on everyone and then the possibility of it being your first which is going to be the most special one. After that when they get there again its will not be will this be Lebron's first ring and more so can he do it again.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Debate on who's a better player Kobe or Lebron - by chrisa19978 - 06-09-2012, 03:59 PM