`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June Grading Offer

June Grading Offer
I am looking to possibly submit my first grading order. I saw the June offer and was curious if anyone had any feedback or suggestions for a first time grader. Some things I am curious about:

Is there a special form needed to be filled out for the June deal?

Do you take pics of your cards before shipping?
How do you package your cards?
Do you insure your cards?
Would you use the electronic form or print the PDF version?

When I go to look at the PDF version, it takes me to the electronic version. Does anyone else know where to get this form? I found this form in a Beckett. Is this what everyone else uses?
[Image: e48c8155.jpg]

Any other tips or other insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

RE: June Grading Offer
(06-08-2012, 12:32 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: I am looking to possibly submit my first grading order. I saw the June offer and was curious if anyone had any feedback or suggestions for a first time grader. Some things I am curious about:

Is there a special form needed to be filled out for the June deal?

Do you take pics of your cards before shipping?
How do you package your cards?
Do you insure your cards?
Would you use the electronic form or print the PDF version?

When I go to look at the PDF version, it takes me to the electronic version. Does anyone else know where to get this form? I found this form in a Beckett. Is this what everyone else uses?

Any other tips or other insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I print out mine.
I've never done their monthly specials, so I'm not sure, but I think you call BGS and they give you a promotion code to put on the page. (in the Beckett Use Only section).
I always scan my cards before sending them.
I package each one in a sleeve, in a top loader, taped at the top, and possibly in a team bag (you will not get your supplies back.
With your stuff, I would definitely insure it, and when you insure something with a declared value of $300+, signature confirmation is free.
I'll try and get you the name/email of the guy I used at BGS.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(06-08-2012, 12:59 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: I print out mine.
I've never done their monthly specials, so I'm not sure, but I think you call BGS and they give you a promotion code to put on the page. (in the Beckett Use Only section).
I package each one in a sleeve, in a top loader, taped at the top, and possibly in a team bag (you will not get your supplies back.
With your stuff, I would definitely insure it, and when you insure something with a declared value of $300+, signature confirmation is free.
Thanks for the information man. I would appreciate that email. Also I simply want to do a test run. I have some other cards I want to grade that are not MJs. I want to do this first to see how good I am at spotting high grades (I know I will not get all 9.5's or 10's, or any for that matter). Since my MJ cards are PC I am not 100% needing grades, but some of the higher end cards I wouldnt mind getting graded simply to have in the case. I have a couple Durant rookies, a couple autos, etc that I want to see how good I am at spotting things and not submitting cards that will not get a high grade. That and I simply want to learn more about grading. As lame as this may sound but I want to look over the cards, make a prediction, then send them off to see how close I am. Then once I get my cards back I will begin to send in my MJ cards to get the higher end, in good condition cards graded. I also want to send in a card that I know will not receive a high grade to simply get a baseline.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

whats the offer this month?
can't find the link?
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

http://www.beckett.com/grading/current_p...n_details/
[Image: SanFrancisco49ers750.jpg]
Joey Porter Collector

(06-08-2012, 12:59 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: I print out mine.
+1 I also put mine between some cardboard and then put them in bubble wrap(maybe alittle overkill). What I did when I submitted for the first time was give them a call and they give me a better deal being a first timer. They not only give me a special on the grading they also give a special on shipping and grading the auto's I sent. Here is the guy I talked to last time I sent some in.

Chris I. Pepito
BGS-Customer Service Associate
Email: christpepito@beckett.com
VOIP +1-9724489188

My suggestion is to call them and they can answer all your questions I have found them to be very helpful. Excellent customer service. Hope this helps.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

(06-08-2012, 12:37 PM)kevinr Wrote: +1 I also put mine between some cardboard and then put them in bubble wrap(maybe alittle overkill). What I did when I submitted for the first time was give them a call and they give me a better deal being a first timer. They not only give me a special on the grading they also give a special on shipping and grading the auto's I sent. Here is the guy I talked to last time I sent some in.

Chris I. Pepito
BGS-Customer Service Associate
Email: christpepito@beckett.com
VOIP +1-9724489188

My suggestion is to call them and they can answer all your questions I have found them to be very helpful. Excellent customer service. Hope this helps.
The graders have excellent customer service, the BGS customer service department, that one is still a little flaky. Smile They're prompt to send you emails of offers, but there are times when I called and tried to get information from them and they were not all there it seemed. lol.

(06-08-2012, 01:00 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: The graders have excellent customer service, the BGS customer service department, that one is still a little flaky. Smile They're prompt to send you emails of offers, but there are times when I called and tried to get information from them and they were not all there it seemed. lol.
Yea I called one time this last batch I sent in to get a status and they weren't able to even tell me if they had received them or not. I knew they had because I sent a signature confirmation but didn't have it with me to give them the number. I have never talked to a grader how did you get there # and can you share it with us I would like to talk to them next time I get ready to send some.
I finally received my last batch but since I am at work I won't get to see them until I get home Sad Here is the list I knew my 86-87 stickers wasn't going to do well but now I all I got left to get the rest of my 86-87 fleer graded, and I was a little disappointed on some of the other grades as well.

S.No # Set Name Player Name Final Grade Auto Grade JSA Cert #
2006 Wheels Autographs Kasey Kahne NC 8.5 10.0
2006 TRAKS Autographs Kasey Kahne NC 8 10.0
2007-08 Fleer Michael Jordan Floor 7
1998-99 Topps Chrome Coast to Coast Refractors Kevin Garnett 9
1996-97 Fleer Decade of Excellence Michael Jordan 9
1997-98 Finest Kevin Garnett G 9.5
2001-02 Topps Chrome Fast and Furious Refractors Kevin Garnett 9.5
1986-87 Fleer Stickers Dominique Wilkins 6.5
1986-87 Fleer Stickers Isiah Thomas 7.5
1986-87 Fleer Stickers Patrick Ewing 7.5
1986-87 Fleer Stickers Hakeem Olajuwon 7.5
1986-87 Fleer Stickers Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 6.5
1986-87 Fleer Stickers Alex English 6
1986-87 Fleer Stickers Adrian Dantley 7
1986-87 Fleer Stickers Magic Johnson 6
1986-87 Fleer Stickers Julius Erving 5.5
2001-02 Topps Chrome Mad Game Refractors Kevin Garnett 9.5
1996-97 E-X2000 Michael Jordan 8.5
2001-02 Topps Chrome Mad Game Kevin Garnett 9.5
2010-11 Panini Gold Standard Gold NBA Logos Larry Bird/5 9.5 10.0

Scans when I get home.

I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

(06-08-2012, 03:15 PM)kevinr Wrote: Yea I called one time this last batch I sent in to get a status and they weren't able to even tell me if they had received them or not. I knew they had because I sent a signature confirmation but didn't have it with me to give them the number. I have never talked to a grader how did you get there # and can you share it with us I would like to talk to them next time I get ready to send some.
I finally received my last batch but since I am at work I won't get to see them until I get home Sad Here is the list I knew my 86-87 stickers wasn't going to do well but now I all I got left to get the rest of my 86-87 fleer graded, and I was a little disappointed on some of the other grades as well.

S.No # Set Name Player Name Final Grade Auto Grade JSA Cert #
2006 Wheels Autographs Kasey Kahne NC 8.5 10.0
2006 TRAKS Autographs Kasey Kahne NC 8 10.0
2007-08 Fleer Michael Jordan Floor 7
1998-99 Topps Chrome Coast to Coast Refractors Kevin Garnett 9
1996-97 Fleer Decade of Excellence Michael Jordan 9
1997-98 Finest Kevin Garnett G 9.5
2001-02 Topps Chrome Fast and Furious Refractors Kevin Garnett 9.5
1986-87 Fleer Stickers Dominique Wilkins 6.5
1986-87 Fleer Stickers Isiah Thomas 7.5
1986-87 Fleer Stickers Patrick Ewing 7.5
1986-87 Fleer Stickers Hakeem Olajuwon 7.5
1986-87 Fleer Stickers Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 6.5
1986-87 Fleer Stickers Alex English 6
1986-87 Fleer Stickers Adrian Dantley 7
1986-87 Fleer Stickers Magic Johnson 6
1986-87 Fleer Stickers Julius Erving 5.5
2001-02 Topps Chrome Mad Game Refractors Kevin Garnett 9.5
1996-97 E-X2000 Michael Jordan 8.5
2001-02 Topps Chrome Mad Game Kevin Garnett 9.5
2010-11 Panini Gold Standard Gold NBA Logos Larry Bird/5 9.5 10.0

Scans when I get home.
If I had a Thomas Sticker that would grade better, I'd trade you straight up for your graded one already. Smile That way I wouldn't have to send it in. lol. But mine's probably a 6. Sad

(06-08-2012, 03:19 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: If I had a Thomas Sticker that would grade better, I'd trade you straight up for your graded one already. Smile That way I wouldn't have to send it in. lol. But mine's probably a 6. Sad
Did you see what my 86-87 fleer Dumar graded for in the first batch I sent? I was real pleased to get a 9 on him.

[Image: GradedCards_0001.jpg]

I do believe I am going to take advantage of the June special and send in another lot when I get home....