Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PAST & PRESENT BOX + FEW LOOSE PACKS
Smile 
PAST & PRESENT BOX + FEW LOOSE PACKS
Had to run to my LCS today, since I haven't been for awhile.. just wanted to check his prices of Past & Present.. He had the box marked at $115, so I told him I'd come back later.. he said $100.... so I bit... owner of shop said it has been slow... he's only sold about 8-10 boxes all month... OUCH!! Looks like he had a few singles.. but they were all on co-signment...

I bought the box, plus some cardholders... Decided on a few packs, so I bought 5 for $20... pulled one auto.. there was only 3 packs missing before I started digging in.. bought 3 more packs & pulled two more autos.. one was a redemption... NICE!

usually don't buy loose packs.. but I said, what the heck.. the owner said he didn't know what was pulled... but I know that is a standard phrase... after busted my packs & got the 3 autos.. he said a jersey card of a nobody was pulled...

so here's the pulls. sorry no pics yet.. watching a couple movies right now..

BOX BREAKDOWN
autos + patch
John Salley - Pistons
John Paxon - Bulls
Dejuan Blair - Spurs *** breakout auto
Evan Turner - 76ers *** jersey *PRIME # 7/15

8 loose packs breakdown
Morlon Wiley - Mavricks
Bob Elliot - Nets
REDEMPTION: 2011 Draft Pick Auto XRCE #0 (expires 111/16/13)
also, pulled beautiful Kobe insert. Think that was my highlight, besides the unknown RC redemption I pulled...

I do not understand why all the 2011 draft picks are #0 ????
I would think next years (2012 Draft) would numbered "0" .... why list this years RC's as zero, when they already know who they are & can easily get print runs for them... heck, non of the autos are serialized as I can tell... so they can make up any number...

I like Past & Present. I love the inserts & old look of the base cards.. don't care much for the "bread for life" cards... overall... I do not think I will buy another box...

Sorry Panini... you will not receive any more of my hard earned money for this product...

hoping to pick up some singles (inserts) in trades or buy a few "lots"

NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

RE: PAST & PRESENT BOX + FEW LOOSE PACKS
The ONLY cards that are numbered in the product are the patches, that's it.

As for the 2011 redemptions, they don't know what rookies will be in the set yet. They know all of the rookies that were in the league this year, but they have to establish contracts at the rookie photo shoot. By putting Card 0, they've allowed themselves room to breathe which is very smart business wise. Say they put Card BK, we'd all assume it's Brandon Knight. What if Brandon doesn't want to sign for them? I don't know why he wouldn't, but what if he doesn't? Now they're stuck. XRCA will be someone from this years rookie class. It could be Kyrie Irving, or it could be Isaiah Thomas, we don't know yet. And that kind of adds to the excitement and it's really pushing the secondary market (some have gone for as much as $150, maybe more). Does that make sense, because I'm tired. Smile And I assume they didn't use numbers like 1-30 because they're more than likely going to be the players initials. I would think. Now, the 2012 draft picks are numbered for the picks because they don't know who will and who won't be picked.

Anyways, I know I don't have any Lakers you need, and I know you don't trade much, but if you could, please PM me on what you'd need (if I have anything, or PayPal) for the Salley and the Breakout AU. Thanks.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

X. thanks for the comment. I see how your opinion works for Panini.... I would think they'd number both draft classes the same though.. that part is what's picking at my little brain...

I'll keep you in mind for the cards you asked about. I'm going to try to go through some of my cards this weekend. Been trying to gather a want list for all my cards sets..

I have found two checklists on another forum..

2011-12 Panini Past & Present Basketball 2011 Draft Pick Autograph Redemptions Set Checklist
Features 35 autograph redemptions from 2011 rookie class; The final checklist will be revealed via a live draft at the The Knight's Lance on October 29, 2012 at 9 PM CST

2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-A
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-B
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-C
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-D
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-E
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-F
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-G
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-H
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-I
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-J
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-K
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-L
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-M
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-N
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-O
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-P
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-Q
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-R
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-S
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-T
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-U
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-V
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-W
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-X
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-Y
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-Z
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-AA
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-BB
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-CC
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-DD
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-EE
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-FF
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-GG
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-HH
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-II

2011-12 Panini Past & Present Basketball 2012 Draft Pick Redemptions Set Checklist
Features redemptions for the first 25 picks from 2012 rookie class. There is also a redemption card for a complete set.

1 Pick No. 1 thru Pick No. 25
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

If you want to move the Draft Redemption Check me for it ..

(05-25-2012, 01:04 AM)jpleazme805 Wrote: X. thanks for the comment. I see how your opinion works for Panini.... I would think they'd number both draft classes the same though.. that part is what's picking at my little brain...

I'll keep you in mind for the cards you asked about. I'm going to try to go through some of my cards this weekend. Been trying to gather a want list for all my cards sets..

I have found two checklists on another forum..

2011-12 Panini Past & Present Basketball 2011 Draft Pick Autograph Redemptions Set Checklist
Features 35 autograph redemptions from 2011 rookie class; The final checklist will be revealed via a live draft at the The Knight's Lance on October 29, 2012 at 9 PM CST

2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-A
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-B
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-C
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-D
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-E
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-F
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-G
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-H
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-I
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-J
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-K
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-L
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-M
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-N
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-O
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-P
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-Q
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-R
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-S
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-T
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-U
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-V
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-W
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-X
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-Y
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-Z
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-AA
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-BB
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-CC
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-DD
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-EE
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-FF
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-GG
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-HH
2011 Draft Pick Auto XRC-II

2011-12 Panini Past & Present Basketball 2012 Draft Pick Redemptions Set Checklist
Features redemptions for the first 25 picks from 2012 rookie class. There is also a redemption card for a complete set.

1 Pick No. 1 thru Pick No. 25
Well, here's where the difference is between the redemptions. 2011 redemptions are going to be AU, and they have to have a contract with the player to obtain their AU. The 2012 redemptions will not be AU, therefore no contracts are needed. This is why they can guarantee the first 25 picks, there won't be any GU or AU, just base cads. Hope that clears it up some.

As for those cards I need, you'll more than likely have to take anything from me you can use for trade bait as I do not collect the sets you do nor do I have any GU/AU of Lakers. I might have some overtime coming on my next paycheck if you'd be willing to sell them, but no guarantees right now (things can change fast, lol). Thanks, and great break by the way. Get us some pics. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

not bad
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK