`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
3 Packs of BTP's

RE: 3 Packs of BTP's
The way he used entitled was wrong but his intention wasn't in low moral.

Let's pretend person A went to buy a box - say Bowman 2012 Jumbo - that guaranteed 3 autos, but only received 2. Topps/Bowman did promise 3 autos/hits. He bought the product under the impression that he would pull 3. The fact that person A only hit 2 isnt anything out of ordinary. Read the baseball threads. It happens and is becoming more common. Almost everyone on this thread says "its part of the hobby".

Person A might think, hey! Topps owes me an auto. Thats not uncommon.
It still doesnt make pack searching right, however. What person A should do is contact Topps - more likely than not they will send you a replacement - it wont be a Harper for a primary player. you miss out on those odds, but what are you going to do?

No one should say, "I am entitled to this. Give me!" - Although the government is handing out plenty of public assistance, I do not think baseball cards are a part of any stimulus.
Collecting: Bryce Harper, Cal Ripken Jr, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Ted Williams.

(05-17-2012, 02:11 AM)charleybrown Wrote: The way he used entitled was wrong but his intention wasn't in low moral.

hahahahahahaha, beuatiful.

(05-17-2012, 05:17 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote:

Geez....
Always looking for:

Johnny Bower
John Tavares
John De Gray
Unscratched redemptions (low or high-end)
A&G Minis (Check my thread)
Non-sport (Prominent Cuts, Marvel, GPK, Vintage etc..)
Gaming (Pokemon, MTG, Yu-gi-oh, etc..)

Bucket: http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z342/staples29/

(05-13-2012, 03:34 PM)adamslogik Wrote: Redemptions have nothing to to with this and are ENTIRELY due to the fact that the card company is waiting on the player to sign and return the cards.

As far as open boxes, it all depends on your LCS. I know that I have had good luck with mine, who do not let people handle the packs any longer than it takes to grab a few.

My LCS owner has even gone far enough to offer to open a new box for me if there are only 3 or 4 packs left and he knows that all the hits are gone.
me, my LCS guy, and a Upper Deck rep talked about the redemptions one day. he straight out said they put them in higher priced products because they had problems with dishonest Card shop owners, and pack searchers not allowing honest people to get the hits. so from the mouth of a UD rep it does have something to do with the ammount of redemptions, especially in a later and more expensive product like SPGU

Primary PC: Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Connor Mcdavid, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Collecting All Oilers GU/Auto/SN cards

also building sets, needs found here http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1488853.html

I'm afraid to tell you this, but if your point was correct, then why would we get messages on the website saying "Athlete committed to signing, please be patient."?

Why wouldn't they just ship it out? Why would we have to wait months or even years?

BECAUSE THE ATHLETES HAVEN'T SIGNED THE DAMNED REDEMPTIONS YET.

All the card companies are always saying that the reason why their products have been delayed is because they are trying to avoid putting too many redemptions into them.

(05-20-2012, 12:45 PM)rczubaty Wrote: me, my LCS guy, and a Upper Deck rep talked about the redemptions one day. he straight out said they put them in higher priced products because they had problems with dishonest Card shop owners, and pack searchers not allowing honest people to get the hits. so from the mouth of a UD rep it does have something to do with the ammount of redemptions, especially in a later and more expensive product like SPGU
Currently Collecting Patrick Roy, PK Subban and Carey Price.

My Bucket http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/adamslogik2/

Not taking any sides, but I read breaks on here quite a lot that start with "I was at the LCS today to pick up supplies, and decided to get a few packs of xxxx..." and inenvitably there is a GU, Patch or Auto to follow.

How do you suppose that happens? Amazing luck, all the time, I guess. And the replies to those posts are only "nice pull."

Just saying...
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com