`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card prices go up and down

Card prices go up and down
For an article I'm writing, give me some ideas. What are some cards that in the last 20 years, say, have really gone up in value and (more or less) stayed there, and some that maybe started high (and maybe even stayed high for a while), then crashed.
Thanks!

RE: Card prices go up and down
Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa

2001 sp game used piece of history set, especially the short prints. the mcgriff and nevin started around 15, then jumped to 40, then to over 100, then back to 15...all in about a year

Jose Canseco 86RR.. peaked at 150BV and was selling for 125-150 at card shows in the late 80's and now can be had for .99 starting bids on Ebay.

91 Donruss Elites of any player were 100 and up back on release and now they can be had pretty cheap as well.
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames

I can remember when the '94 Sp Arod was around $15 in '94. It has gone up to around $80 and has held its value.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

The Strasburg prices would be worth mentioning. A lot of info should be available too since it's so recent. The values really spiked before coming back to earth. They still book pretty well though
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

The Griffey UD has reached as high as $150 in the last 12-15 years and now is back to $40. The 90 Leaf Thomas I think reached $80 and is now at like $15.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

this is a different sport but jeremy lin cards could have been gotten for SUPER cheap before he played, then he went off and his cards were selling higher than anyone could imagine, now they arent as expensive anymore

1992-93 stadium club beam team for basketball. I remember pulling a Tim Hardaway and someone offered me 175 bucks for it and I turned them down. That card is only worth about 5 bucks now, most of the other cards in the set are priced real low now except Jordan and Oneal.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Clemens and Puckett rookies have had a wild ride. And OJ Simpson in football.