`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brand Name to collect?

RE: Brand Name to collect?
Honestly I just buy the cards that look wise appeal to me lol, I know that's not the way to collect, however until I can learn the ropes and know this business inside and out that's how I roll lol.

To be honest that's kinda why I started this thread. I have very small collection (maybe 200) and the only reason I started this was cause I had twin boys who are going on 2 soon. I wanted to get them into it, so it's a hobby the kids and I can do together. You never know might be something they can continue on with their kids and or sell it.

I just want to start buying packs and land some of the nice cards you guys have.....if thats possible lol
Photobucket

Well one thing to remember is that your better off buying a full box rather then single packs. Most boxes offer guaranteed hits and you never know if the hits have been taken already when you buy open box packs.

(05-02-2012, 01:49 PM)johlix Wrote: Well one thing to remember is that your better off buying a full box rather then single packs. Most boxes offer guaranteed hits and you never know if the hits have been taken already when you buy open box packs.
never thought of that and makes total sense! thanks for the input
Photobucket

(05-02-2012, 09:57 AM)STR8H8TE Wrote: Honestly I just buy the cards that look wise appeal to me lol, I know that's not the way to collect, however until I can learn the ropes and know this business inside and out that's how I roll lol.

To be honest that's kinda why I started this thread. I have very small collection (maybe 200) and the only reason I started this was cause I had twin boys who are going on 2 soon. I wanted to get them into it, so it's a hobby the kids and I can do together. You never know might be something they can continue on with their kids and or sell it.

I just want to start buying packs and land some of the nice cards you guys have.....if thats possible lol
well if you wanna get nice cards, do yourself a favor and just buy singles from the bay. I spent the first 8 yrs of my collecting buying box after box trying to hit nice cards. It's easier said than done! 90% of the time you'll just get the bare minimum for the boxes, not break even, and get TONS of base that will eventually become overwhelming. If you just get singles, you'll get the people/teams you want with the quality you want.

Of course, I'm a bit of a hypocrite, because I am a gambler, I always go with wax. DON'T MAKE MY MISTAKE Tongue
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

what are you looking for? and what are you plans for collecting?
welcome to collecting, rule #1 the most important rule, collect what you like and enjoy! as this should be a fun hobby

this is for newer products
for packs I would say UD1 or UD2 from Upper Deck, if you want something neat try out one of ITG products (best to get a box so you can get a few alright hits), for Panini I love score

for vintage pre 1989 just enjoy whatever you like
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(05-02-2012, 09:57 AM)STR8H8TE Wrote: Honestly I just buy the cards that look wise appeal to me lol, I know that's not the way to collect, however until I can learn the ropes and know this business inside and out that's how I roll lol.

Id say buy a couple boxes of Upper Deck Series 1 and 2 build out some sets, trade doubles with Beckett pals and have fun!

That should get your feet wet.

Best of luck!
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-