`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
OT I hate Chris Perez

RE: OT I hate Chris Perez
(07-09-2012, 11:30 AM)Mikarlo Wrote: Why Motte over Perez? Maybe it's just happened over time. When the trade was first made, I didn't like it at all. I liked Perez, Motte scared the hell out of me, and DeRosa...what did we need him for again? Oh yeah, Glaus was at 3rd and injured all the time...though DeRosa only added to our injury problems when he showed up. I think though the reason I have taken to Motte is that it seems like I have been defending him against family and friends since the beginning of the '11 season when he came out blowing saves left and right. Plus I kind of enjoyed watching my family squirm when Motte would come in looking like he had just straight-lined two gallons of pure caffine. Anyhow, I loved seeing Motte figure it out last season after continually defending him...and then his performance in the play-offs last year sealed it for me - I'm a Motte guy and glad the trade happened the way it did (although I'm still not sure who you guys got with the player-to-be-named part of the deal). So for me, after some retrospect, it probably isn't the numbers so much as it has been the ride with Motte. Who know, had it gone the other way and we kept Perez, I might be saying the same thing in praise for Perez.
Got it. And if the Cards had Perez you would be doing the same thing because the two closer's situations have been almost identical. And if being a closer was easy, everyone could do it. The ninth inning would be as boring as the point after kick or a field goal from inside the 40, if it were easy.

(07-09-2012, 12:09 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: It was removed...
I saw that clip. Perez said he drank some warm water right before going to the mound and it hit his stomach badly in the heat. He does everything with intensity.

RE: OT I hate Chris Perez
[quote='randall617' pid='2063899' dateline='1341848986']
If you are ever at a Tribe game I will be sitting up in row X in the 550 sections with the family or a friend. I got thirty free tix through the BP promotion, only way I can afford to go multiple times. I will be the guy clapping the loudest in my 1930's era Chief Wahoo t-shirt.
I have said enough, time to water the garden.
Take care, Dan.
Go Tribe!

Thats awesome. I try to go as much as possible. I just hate seeing empty seats. I'll definitely keep an eye out for you next time I go. Smile
I'm loving the Wahoo shirt. lol..
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.