`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your collecting passions?

RE: What are your collecting passions?
I'm right with you on the Bowman. I like it because it's fun to go through my '09 or '10 cards and find some surprises of guys who "came out of nowhere." I do it more for fun rather than profit. (I've never sold a card before and don't have any plans on doing so). I'm in it more for getting increased values in trades than anything.

On a side note, I'm a baseball guy through and through, and enjoy all other major sports to a lesser degree. I can't for the life of me understand the draw of football card collecting though. I mean, I like the sport and can understand why people collect what they like (like me with baseball), but the careers are so short and so many stars are "one and done." to me, it would be the equivalent of collecting relief pitchers exclusively. I know, I know, the same thing goes on in all sports, but guys stick around baseball a lot longer and the milestones are easy to appreciate. Don't mean to put anyone's hobby down, just never really got the football collecting bug. (I'm especially SHOCKED that there are more posts on the football boards than baseball boards. -I get that football is the most popular sport, but still...)
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Messages In This Thread
What are your collecting passions? - by sxfn4lf - 04-05-2012, 10:46 PM
RE: What are your collecting passions? - by uvaspina - 04-07-2012, 06:13 PM
RE: What are your collecting passions? - by afff - 04-08-2012, 11:22 AM
RE: What are your collecting passions? - by mnc99 - 04-08-2012, 07:56 PM