`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett grades on cards sent in. Jordan RC altered.

RE: Beckett grades on cards sent in. Jordan RC altered.
Probably the edges were recolored. You need to take a good look under magnification next time.

(04-03-2012, 11:15 AM)phxsuns1521 Wrote: sucks about the altered cards but kinda cool you got one 10 Big Grin
Yea thanks all in all I was pleased with the grades a 10 and 5 9.5's, and I was very pleased that the Joe Dumars graded a 9. I believe my next lot will be all from the fleer 86-87 set.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

thats to bad on the 2 cards more so for the jordan rc

(04-03-2012, 12:11 AM)kevinr Wrote: . Also a Bird auto I bought from someone on here turned out to be altered also. I am going to give beckett a call tomorrow and see if I can find out exactly how they were altered.

2007-08 Topps Echelon Autographs Larry Bird/50 Altered
the autograph on the Bird Echelon was altered, Larry always puts a hook on the top of his "L", also he never loops the "d" through the "B" like it is on yours, I am guessing that the one you have is fake, hence why it would be returned as "altered"

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(04-05-2012, 01:04 AM)shezdoni Wrote: the autograph on the Bird Echelon was altered, Larry always puts a hook on the top of his "L", also he never loops the "d" through the "B" like it is on yours, I am guessing that the one you have is fake, hence why it would be returned as "altered"
Would it be faked even if it has the guarantee on the back? Don't know thats why I'm asking.

I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

(04-06-2012, 04:39 PM)kevinr Wrote: Would it be faked even if it has the guarantee on the back? Don't know thats why I'm asking.
The autograph would still be authentic, but it would still be the same difference as taking a marker and retouching the borders and corners...

So what do you guys do with cards that have been altered? I will probably keep the Jordan but will still want one to be graded for my set, so will probable be trying to save up for one already graded, don't want to go through this again....