`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BVG results and question

BVG results and question
I'm overall happy with the grades for the most part. I'm thinking about cracking them and resubmitting to SGC. What are your thoughts on keeping them as is or resubitting to SGC?

1956 Topps (Grey Back)
[Image: Ted.jpg]

1958 Topps AS - Very suprised by this grade. The left edge is very rough. I was expecting a retouch no slab. Nice surprise!
[Image: Mantle.jpg]

1960 Topps
[Image: Mantle3.jpg]

1961 Topps
[Image: Mantle2.jpg]

1969 Topps
[Image: Mantle1.jpg]

Thanks for looking!

RE: BVG results and question
Wow, that '61 Mantle graded out nicely. As for sending to SGC, I prefer their holders but I don't know if you'll get an better grades. That '69 might even grade a bit lower based on the top right corner.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

(03-22-2012, 02:38 PM)beatles guy Wrote: Wow, that '61 Mantle graded out nicely. As for sending to SGC, I prefer their holders but I don't know if you'll get an better grades. That '69 might even grade a bit lower based on the top right corner.
Thanks. I wasn't going to send them to SGC for possible better grades, but for the holder. I am concerned if I do send them to SGC about the '58 and the '69 grading lower. The '69's corner was not bent like that when I submitted and I'm really just floored on the '58's grade. You can tell it's crooked and has a rough left edge.
What about a value on the Williams grey back? Anyone have thoughts?

Very nice vintage!
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

I'm a big fan of SGC and they are the ones I use so take my opinion for what it's worth. Since you're primary concern is the holder, go for it. The black inserts in their slabs have a way of really making the card stand out and with the white borders, it will only do so that much more.

just out of curiosity are you interested in moving any of them? If so I'd be interested in the 1960 Topps. I've always wanted a Mantle and I like that one for some reason. Shoot me a pm and let me know if you are interested. I don't have much listed in my organize yet but can get it there quickly if need be.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Jeremy, at this time, I'm not looking to move them. I would like to upgrade the '60 though. You can find them pretty inexpensive on the bay (ungraded).

no problem. I'm looking to build up my graded vintage collection and I'd rather trade away the stuff I have to get some of it if I can.

Nice cards by the way