`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Which non-powerhouse teams have the brightest futures?

OT: Which non-powerhouse teams have the brightest futures?
If you are like me, you love the underdog. I have enjoyed sports like college football and european soccer for a long time, but am begining to grow weary of the rich teams always taking the cake. Year-in and year-out only a handful of college football teams have a legit shot at playing the BCS Championship Game. Same goes for European soccer (UEFA Champions League, La Liga, Premiership, Serie A).

So which "underdog" teams in NASCAR do you think have a bright future? I think we all recognize that Roush-Fenway and Hendrick are powerhouses. And I suppose you can put Stewart-Haas and their relationship with Hendrick engines up there. I think based on top 12 standings the last 3 years we can put Gibbs and Childress in this area too.

Teams like Earnhardt Ganassi, Penske, BK (the old Red Bull team), Front Row, Michael Waltrip, Tommy Baldwin and Petty Enterprises....these teams seem to have some room to make up and an opportunity to make NASCAR really interesting.

Personally, for no other reason than nastalgia, I'd LOVE to see the 43 car and the Petty name back in the winners circle one or twice a year.

What do you think?
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

RE: OT: Which non-powerhouse teams have the brightest futures?
I don't see any teams being able to seriously compete unless there were spending caps.

regan smith 78

I agree about Regan but it's a one car team. He needs to go to Stewart Haas!