`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1982 Wrestling All Stars Series Beckett Pricing

1982 Wrestling All Stars Series Beckett Pricing
There are a couple of observations I have and hopefully you are reading.

#1 You can't touch the cards in NM-MT condition for the prices listed for all three sets. The vast majority of online sellers have no idea how nice NM-MT really is and none of these cards raw are coming up in that condition and if so the prices would be dramatically higher then the guide on many. I think you should notate EX-MT to NM for the prices. Most of the nice cards have been graded at this point and that is why the pop reports have stalled so much.

#2 The idea you can get a set of 1982 B for $150 is simply crazy. You have no chance of winning a decent set for this price. Not even close. Your guide should reflect $225 to $300 and if you are using the NM-MT grade even higher. It may not seem like a lot but $75 is 50% off on your pricing to the upside. I would make that change immediately.

#3 Graded copies in NM-MT and above in many cases are selling for many times your book listing price. Perhaps at some point you begin covering some of the graded cards sales like PSA has.

Recently PSA did a large story on these sets and I think making a bigger mention in your guide would be wise. There is no other set of wrestling cards that even remotely comes close to these in both price and long term value potential. There will never be a better wrestling set of cards period. The man made rarities of today may be of interest to some, but these in high grade are actually rare for the real reasons.

RE: 1982 Wrestling All Stars Series Beckett Pricing
The final hammer on the 1982 B set that just sold on EBAY in NM condition was $474 including shipping.

$150 in NM-MT does not even remotely reflect the market.

Pretty wild a raw set of the 1983 Wrestling All Stars sold last night for $610. The cards are on fire.

A seller just listed sealed sets of all three on EBAY. There has not been an 82A sealed set sold on EBAY since Dec of 2010 and it went for a record price of $1440.

There will be some fireworks with these auctions for sure.

Explosive results for the sealed sets!

The results are as follows:

1982 A $1,759 + $10 for shipping
1982 B $735 + $10 for shipping
1983 $529 + $10 for shipping

You have zero chance of acquiring the cards in NM-MT or higher at the book prices.

Another note worthy sale was the PSA 7 NM Hulk Hogan for $430 and the PSA 6 EX-MT Andre The Giant for $152.

Iron Sheik cards are the break out star at the moment with recent sales extremely strong. A raw example sold today for $43 and a PSA 8 for $46 today as well. Mint copies have been trading in the $125 area and a BGS 9.5 recently sold for $300.

The cards remain on fire and demand has never been stronger.

I just won a 1982 Wrestling All-Star Hogan BGS 8.5 last night on eBay for $355. I was prepared to go up to $500 because I've also seen graded 7 copies from PSA and BGS sell for over $400 dollars.

(03-23-2012, 04:17 PM)dpeck1000 Wrote: Explosive results for the sealed sets!

The results are as follows:

1982 A $1,759 + $10 for shipping
1982 B $735 + $10 for shipping
1983 $529 + $10 for shipping

You have zero chance of acquiring the cards in NM-MT or higher at the book prices.

Another note worthy sale was the PSA 7 NM Hulk Hogan for $430 and the PSA 6 EX-MT Andre The Giant for $152.

Iron Sheik cards are the break out star at the moment with recent sales extremely strong. A raw example sold today for $43 and a PSA 8 for $46 today as well. Mint copies have been trading in the $125 area and a BGS 9.5 recently sold for $300.

The cards remain on fire and demand has never been stronger.

I am going through my collection of wrestling cards and sets. I have just come across 2- 1982 A, 1- 1982 B and 2-1983 . Wrestling All-Star Sealed Sets that I purchased years ago. Never realized that these cards would become so expensive. Andre , Hogan and Flair just to mention a few . When I purchased a large lot of Wrestling cards from another old timer who was closing his store. Stay tuned , Ebay here there come. Or something like that.