`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the biggest prospect BUST you ever went "ALL IN" on?

RE: Who is the biggest prospect BUST you ever went "ALL IN" on?
I think my over spending on late 80s and early 90s rookies is really my biggest bust. I cant agree with anyone saying juan gonzalez, david justice, gary sheffield, sosa, etc were busts, I think just the era with the over production makes it hard for anyone to shell more than a few bucks out for anything from 1990 or 1991. thankfully 1992 bowman got hot and made a big bang in the rookie market and rookie cards after that seem to hold more value. I have several stacks of sosa, griffey, frank thomas rookies and even if they never jump in value, they will be in my collection forever. does anyone else here think it is completely insane to spend the same amount of money on a 2010 bgs 9 bowman chrome bryce harper rc--non auto when u could pick up 2 89 griffey udeck psa or bgs 9s for the same price. to me that is a no brainer
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is the biggest prospect BUST you ever went "ALL IN" on? - by rybowski97 - 06-13-2012, 12:16 AM