`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT- Anyone been to a UFC event?

OT- Anyone been to a UFC event?
I am going to UFC on Fox 2 this weekend in Chicago and was wondering what kind of things to expect during the day. Doors open at 3 and i think the Fox broadcast starts at 8..

Are fighters usually around to meet and for autographs? What should I bring?

Thanks for any help..
[Image: arod.gif]

RE: OT- Anyone been to a UFC event?
dont expect to much at the fights for autographs but usually around the hotel before the fights is the best place to hang around fighters are very friendlymost will sign and take pics with you try to not bother the fighters on the card even if you can get close to them your best bet is to buy ufc gloves at the sporting goods store instead of at the fights to get signed as you really dont know who is gonna be there

(01-23-2012, 10:29 AM)arod1973 Wrote: I am going to UFC on Fox 2 this weekend in Chicago and was wondering what kind of things to expect during the day. Doors open at 3 and i think the Fox broadcast starts at 8..

Are fighters usually around to meet and for autographs? What should I bring?

Thanks for any help..

Unfortunately I have not been to one yet. Hopefully they will go to Raleigh sometime or I save enough money to go to Vegas. The Prelims start at 5pm. Enjoy yourself.

Jerry
Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

I've been to 5 now, 3 in Montreal and twice in Toronto. The Friday before the weigh-ins there are usually 2-3 fighters signing. During the weigh-ins you can be lucky enough to see fighters walking around as they are usually doing media interviews. Have a pen (sharpie) in your hand and your memorablia ready because they will sign anything and quickly.

Sign up for the fight club if you haven't already, best $80 a year you can spend. This gets you first access to tickets, weigh-ins, Q&A's and all sorts of stuff.

Good Luck meeting the fighters, they are defianlty the most approchable athletes on the face of teh planet.
Back in the Game!!

Yeah, i was looking into the Fight Club membership...Bones is doing a Q&A before the weigh-ins but its only for fight club members...plus I am probably stuck at work Friday and won't get there..

I would really like to see him though..
[Image: arod.gif]

Went to three in Vegas last year (Faber vs Cruz, Penn vs Diaz, and Lesnar vs Overeem). Was on the floor at UFC 141 and saw Couture, Griffin, Mir, and Roy Nelson. All were very friendly and took tons of photos with the fans. There are sometimes fighters (not on the card) in the concourses between fights. Take a camera but I thinks autos at the venue might be tough. Weigh-ins or meet and greets are better places to try to get autos.

Went to the last WEC event with Ben Henderson & Anthony Pettis fighting in Arizona. I'm in the military and they handed out FREE tickets to the fight. I thought we were gonna get the nose bleed sections, but we ended up being really close to the ring. Was a great night!!! Would go again if the opportunity comes again!!

That kick off the cage was amazing!!!

My first UFC was 17. The weigh ins were in a hotel room and they used a bathroom scale.

I was at UFC 129 in Toronto.
I collect Graded Hall Of Famer Rookie Cards.
Just say no to sticker autographs.