`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would you start a collection with? Griffin or Rose?

RE: Who would you start a collection with? Griffin or Rose?
Rose. Basically, he's a winner and an all-around player. I see him winning multiple championships with the Bulls whereas I think Griffin will continue to put up good numbers and incredible dunks but, ultimately, the guy isn't a winner. Look at the history...Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Magic...guys who won championships and whose cards people still collect long after they retired. I don't find many people looking for Patrick Ewing rookies just because he made the playoffs every year.

RE: Who would you start a collection with? Griffin or Rose?
(12-30-2011, 04:18 PM)yanxchick Wrote: Basketball is back and we’re working on more stories for the upcoming Beckett magazines.

This month, we’re taking a closer look at how collectors would start their collections. Do you go after a guy like Blake Griffin, young phenom with a ton of upside, or Derrick Rose, the reigning league MVP.

I hope you can answer these questions within the next two weeks so I could compile my article.

1. What makes a basketball player collectible? What attributes do you look for?
2. When selling a product, who would rather promote? Griffin or Rose?
3. Who would you start your collection with if you had to choose one player? Griffin or Rose?
4. Collecting aside, what do you like about each player’s game?

Thanks!!
Derrick Rose is not only the League MVP he is also a young phenom with a ton of upside! (youngest mvp ever). When I look for players to collect I look for a guy that is able to play well and help their team win and when needed can take over a game. I also like players that play for teams that have a strong following and rich history. Collecting aside I love both players explosiveness.