Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Beckett, please update the Annual Guide Book
12-20-2011, 02:54 AM
RE: Beckett, please update the Annual Guide Book
(12-20-2011 02:11 AM)floydtown Wrote:  I think you're right as far as that not being his auto but this was the year they went bankrupt and everything they had was sold (liquidated) , some out the back door not to mention all the auto cards without the autos. Of course the scammers put their own autos on alot the stuff.
To find out you should email footballmag@beckett.com

Thanks for your reply, what should I ask footballmag@beckett.com , do they know about Fleer liquidated stock.

From what I remember, Fleer went bust in 2005, they had authorized 2005 Ultra to be printed but could not pay the card printers who did not release the cards to them. That set had 2005 rookies with their drafted teams so Fleer was operating into at least April / May 2005.
When Upper Deck bought Fleer, I think they paid the printers, acquired the cards and released Ultra in Jan 2006 so I'm confident that Fleer messed up with the Chad Pennington card in 2004. I think it's an oversight that the wrong auto was put in the card.

The card has been listed since the 2005 Beckett Annual Guide, I think it's real, it is also numbered, I know a lot of surplus cards after liquidation were unnumbered.
I bought my friend a 2004 Fleer Showcase Mike Williams RC which was pulled from packs so it's an unofficial card. It was on ebay in late 2005 when the liquidated stock started appearing.

Thanks again for your reply.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beckett, please update the Annual Guide Book - ginge01 - 12-20-2011 02:54 AM