`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st. COMC Order

RE: 1st. COMC Order
I usually purchase $20 worth of cards a month for 10 Yankees that I have designated in my PC. I have also made a few $100 purchases on a specific player (Jeter/Rivera) and a bunch of Yankees when I have had extra money come in. I also have bought a few Yankees relics from there as well. Definitely a great place to buy a ton of cards from to add to the collection. Thursday, I received 276 cards from an order I had placed (all Mariano Rivera and Don Mattingly).

COMC my cards is my absolute favorite place to purchase cards from. I usually buy about 50 or so at a time and spend about $100.00 at a time. I almost never get hard sleeves because they have such great packaging and shipping already. They put each card in a sleeve, put empty hard sleeves on the outside, tape them together, and put packing peanuts in the box.

Plus being able to buy from 20 different sellers and get one shipping price is the greatest. I buy a lot of Nolan Ryans from there as well as a lot of cheaper inserts and what not that I need for my sets. I hate to buy a card and then have shipping be double the value of the card. COMC prevents that from happening.

Even better is when you can put money on your account and make an offer to the person selling the card. Again, with the cheaper cards, this is great. You can get them for 50%-80% if you make them an offer and most people will accept your offer right off the bat because they are just trying to get rid of the cards so they can either purchase what they want or make the money.

Love comc for cards that go way cheaper than ebay and beckett marketplace. I much rather shop at beckett marketplace though because you get free shipping with orders over 50 bucks. The shipping and "packaging fee" can get up there with comc.

(11-14-2011, 12:52 AM)chads-cards Wrote: If you just get bulk shipping and soft sleeves its fine...I have ordered off of there 50+ times without problems and if you break it down it would cost crazy amounts more for shipping individually...just wait until you have a decend sized order.
^ This.

COMC is great but their inventory is significantly smaller than eBays.

I have been placing orders on COMC like mad the past 2 weeks, as I just found the site and there were a ton of cards that I had paid more on eBay for and was able to get a bunch for my PC for really good prices. From what I have read they will most likely be doing a discount shipping day for Black Friday, so I am loading up now and will have everything shipped to me then. I may have to slow down in buying though as I already spent $350 and that went FAST.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Just got my shipment today and I am more than impressed. Even though I didn't request top loaders they came in them anyhow which I was really surprised. I will definitely be using COMC almost exclusively now.

For anyone who has used them for a while I was wondering..... Once you buy a card do you have so long to request it be shipped or can it stay in your waiting for shipping area indefinitely?

(11-16-2011, 02:23 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Just got my shipment today and I am more than impressed. Even though I didn't request top loaders they came in them anyhow which I was really surprised. I will definitely be using COMC almost exclusively now.

For anyone who has used them for a while I was wondering..... Once you buy a card do you have so long to request it be shipped or can it stay in your waiting for shipping area indefinitely?
I think it can stay there indefinitely. I've had cards marked as ready to ship for a month or so before I had them shipped. I pretty much only buy from COMC and only as a last resort do I look on the Bay for what I want. I don't find the shipping fees to be all that bad, especially considering what a great job they do at packaging your cards. The shipping, processing, and cash-out fees for SELLING cards are what I think are a bit steep.
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

I use COMC all the time, I also sell some. But I leave the balance of the money in the account for when I find a card or cards I want. I've never had any problems and like the others stated the cards arrive packaged great and in top loaders.

I think somebody said it somewhere before: Those guys are also collectors so they package stuff for shipping like they would want something shipped to them. It is great!
Shawn Green PC:
377 unique cards
76 GU & Patches
5 Autos

I have been using this site for a couple years now. It is by far the best all around lace to buy cards. Once you buy cards you can leave them indefinitely I believe before shipping. I only collect one player, so it takes me a while to get enough to ship a decent amount at one time. I just requested a 20 card shipment today and some of the cards I purchased over 3 months ago.

Their customer service is hands down the best as well. It is nice to actually get a response when you have a question or problem.
Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!