`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bought a box of 2011-12 Artifacts

RE: Bought a box of 2011-12 Artifacts
(10-27-2011, 10:16 AM)luongo812 Wrote: Very good pulls for what you bought. Also, My opinion on pack searching is. It's fine and all, but the only reason you buy a box or pack is because you never know whats going to be on the other side of that base card as you flip through your pack. I don't know, guess it's a select few who buy cards for fun not riches.
I buy for fun and have never sold a single card Ive gotten, but commom man, if you have a way to know what packs have jersey inserts like your not gonna pick those packs... Its the same excitment, you never know what jersey your gonna get, could be an Ovechkin 1/1 or a Vesa Toskola 1/999... I just love jersey cards, so if I know I can tell which packs they are in, im gonna pick...

The funny part is I went to the card shop by me just now and was talkin to him bout how I didnt have decoys in my packs and he said he doesnt let costomers pick thru packs, but he himself will if he opens a box for individual pack sales
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

I would never go to that card store if the owner takes all the hits out of the boxes. Another reason to only buy sealed boxes i suppose. But pack searching ruins the hobby for everybody.

(10-27-2011, 07:16 PM)thundercats12 Wrote: I would never go to that card store if the owner takes all the hits out of the boxes. Another reason to only buy sealed boxes i suppose. But pack searching ruins the hobby for everybody.
Im sure a ton of owners do that, weather they admit it or not, or act innocent on forums... If you had a tool to see thru scratch off lottery tickets, would you use it or would you just try your luck cause of the excitement of MAYBE winning... lol

And besides, pretty much all packs use decoys so prevent that anyway.

(10-27-2011, 12:08 AM)irbecards32 Wrote: Gimmie a few days & lemme figure out what they are worth b4 I decide if ima get rid of them. I usually just keep cards I pull, but if I decided to part with them Oddball you have bids on the subban & pens fan, you have dibs on the crosby
Sounds good dude, let me know what your looking for.
Always looking for:

Johnny Bower
John Tavares
John De Gray
Unscratched redemptions (low or high-end)
A&G Minis (Check my thread)
Non-sport (Prominent Cuts, Marvel, GPK, Vintage etc..)
Gaming (Pokemon, MTG, Yu-gi-oh, etc..)

Bucket: http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z342/staples29/

(10-27-2011, 12:02 AM)irbecards32 Wrote: LOL I didnt admit to pack searching. I bought a sealed box so I cant exactly search a sealed box. I said its dumb for Artifacts to sell em without dummy cards and if I came across individual packs I would. Is that frowned apon or something, cause like no one here would do it. And the 7 packs in the box didnt have decoys so when I was going thru the box and had the jersey card pack in my hand I knew it was a jersey before opening it.
The loose retail packs that I have seen at Target do have random decoy cards inserted. I stumbled onto an unopened retail box a couple of weeks ago and bought it. For the money, I should have bought a Hobby box as all I got was a Star #/99 and a single jersey card. You could buy the thicker packs at Target and it is still hit or miss.
I did buy a Hobby box later and the have a decoy in every pack.

(10-29-2011, 05:11 AM)madmack29 Wrote: The loose retail packs that I have seen at Target do have random decoy cards inserted. I stumbled onto an unopened retail box a couple of weeks ago and bought it. For the money, I should have bought a Hobby box as all I got was a Star #/99 and a single jersey card. You could buy the thicker packs at Target and it is still hit or miss.
I did buy a Hobby box later and the have a decoy in every pack.

Yea I was told by a beckett user that getting hits on retail packs is hard to come by and that my crosby jersey card is retail only. the hobby version is green with 2 jersey swatches #/129... We were still unable to figure out how many is in the print one of my Crosby jersey retail. Youd think its be worth more since the jerseys in retail packs are igher odds of pulling then the hobby packs. Who knows tho...
(10-27-2011, 09:55 PM)Oddball Wrote: Sounds good dude, let me know what your looking for.
Got any Irbes?

Just won the Crosby retail jersey for under $15 (with shipping) on the bay

(11-03-2011, 11:39 PM)pensrock87 Wrote: Just won the Crosby retail jersey for under $15 (with shipping) on the bay
Nice! Does anyone know, do you get 1 insert per box with the retail boxes? or nothings garenteed on retail boxes?