`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(MN WILD, p.103)
mnc99 clinches his first win in style - with a clean sweep - with only 3 teams to go.

Wild Round Closed
mnc99's Falk SP Authentic: 8 (opie; iluv; crawler; jaykay; jafi; vadim; onoxxx; rice)
mnc99's Koivu Dominion: 2 (bimola; pens1)
mnc99's Sheppard SP Authentic: 1 (bonnev)

Congratulations to mnc99 for your amazing Falk, which packs more color, texture, and breaks than any one tiny window should ever handle. Only your Koivu and Sheppard could erode the overwhelming support for that beauty of a card. The next pick is yours whenever you choose (or create your own category)!

Teams Remaining:
Rangers
Canucks
Blues

Table of Contents:
(pg. 1-3) Kings: ak11's Kopitar USURPS my Robitaille
(pg. 4-8) Canadiens: rcm331's Roy
(pg. 8-11) Avalanche/Nordiques: rcm331's Roy
(pg. 12-15) Blackhawks: jaykayzee's Campbell
(pg. 15-18) Sharks: jafi1972's Heatley
(pg. 18-21) Oilers: powelldu's Peca
(pg. 21-26) Red Wings: kissbootlegscanada's Osgood
(pg. 27-30) Thrashers: ak11's Kovy OT win (race) over cheatinc's Little
(pg. 30-34) Penguins: pens fan addict's Talbot
(pg. 35-37) Panthers: irbefan4life's Horton
(pg. 37-42) Flyers: jafi1972's van Riemsdyk
(pg. 42-46) Predators: my O'Reilly OT win (runoff) over dark crawler88's Tootoo & hockeyvadim's Weber/Sullivan
(pg. 46-49) Capitals: irbefan4life's Neuvirth OT win (his choice) over irbefan4life's Ovechkin
(pg. 50-55) Leafs: bimola's Sittler
(pg. 55-61) Stars/North Stars: bimola's Ciccarelli
(pg. 61-64) Flames: hockeyvadim's MacInnis OT win (accession) over mrspudhead's Kiprusoff
(pg. 64-70) Devils: hockeyvadim's Brodeur OT win (race) over avsfan193377's Stevens
(pg. 70-74) Ducks: scarrman's Giguere
(pg. 74-76) Blue Jackets: scarrman's Leclaire
(pg. 76-79) Lightning: my St. Louis
(pg. 79-82) Hurricanes/Whalers: irbefan4life's Irbe
(pg. 82-85) Senators: mrspudhead's Alfredsson
(pg. 86-88) Islanders: bimola's LaFontaine
(pg. 89-94) NHL ASG/Nat'l Teams: scarrman's everything...really, EVERYTHING.
(pg. 94-98) Bruins: bimola's Orr OT win (his choice) over bimola's Bourque
(pg. 99-100) Sabres: iluvladies' Miller
(pg. 100-103) Coyotes/Jets: my Roenick

(10-14-2011, 12:12 AM)opierocks Wrote: Now, since I don't have a Wild card to contribute, do I vote for the Future Watch Falk, or the Koivu "Laundry Tag"? I think 5 colours beats out washing instructions any day! Going with the Falk!

This pretty much encapsulates the entire dilemma, though there's some disagreement about the conclusion. It appears we're just deciding which off mnc99's cards to anoint the wildest

I'm not sure that in the end, I can vote against the SPA FW patch auto. I've never studied Minnesota's logo closely but that Falk's got the clouds, trees, star (eyes), setting sun (ears)...everything thing except the river (mouth):

[Image: WildPatch-1.jpg]
[Image: JustinFulk096.jpg]

Pretty amazing!

(10-14-2011, 02:56 AM)jafi1972 Wrote: Well, I pulled this out of Crown Royale but it has since moved on to someone in Finland. Not sure if it will qualify because of that but here it is.

It may not qualify for voting since you no longer own it, but it certainly qualifies as a beautiful card. I'm always extra interested in hearing about self-pulled cards and I think it's very cool that you remember who the card went to. I haven't pulled many patches and nice autographs but for those I've traded, I can still tell you today who I moved them to.
(10-14-2011, 01:59 PM)opierocks Wrote: Rice: Doesn't necessarily mean it came from the logo. It COULD also be from one of the shoulder patches...Still, not very often you see what appears to be 5 colours...

Oh, you could be right...that might explain how so much can fit into that tiny window. Is the shoulder patch sometimes just a miniature logo?
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

Messages In This Thread
RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(MN WILD, p.103) - by ricebondsmntna2young - 10-14-2011, 04:08 PM