`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why do collectors use the word "us"?

why do collectors use the word "us"?
It just kind of throws me off when I go through someones thread on here and they use a phrase like "if you want to make a deal you can contact US at whatever". I mean cmon.. There can only be ONE person typing. It just sounds like you are trying to throw off the other person into thinking you are some sort of business. Sorry.. just had to rant about it.

RE: why do collectors use the word "us"?
Maybe they actually are part of a business?
I collect Dany Heatley, Nicklas Backstrom, all Red Wings and most Yankees.

Only thing I can think of is if the hobby/collection is being shared amongst members of the same household? Father/son, brother/brother, etc etc etc.

Only thing I can logically think of anyway. In any event, I never noticed it before. I do get a kick out of when people talk about their favorite baseball team, they say things like "We kicked your blah blah blah the last three years." Ask them what roster spot they held. Doesn't bother me, just one of those things that amuses me.

I have seen couples collect together on the sites and so they always refer in that way us and we, etc.
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

I actually don't find that as annoying, as the person on here that claims they are from the "hood" in SC, and they will kick anyone's A** who confronts them while they are pack searching.

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(08-14-2011, 12:10 PM)shezdoni Wrote: I actually don't find that as annoying, as the person on here that claims they are from the "hood" in SC, and they will kick anyone's A** who confronts them while they are pack searching.
haha, I miss that guy!!

I'm not normally on the baseball forums but I use we quite often because me and my 13 year old son do this together. It's the best way for us to bond and that's why I use the "we and us game."
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

(08-14-2011, 12:10 PM)shezdoni Wrote: I actually don't find that as annoying, as the person on here that claims they are from the "hood" in SC, and they will kick anyone's A** who confronts them while they are pack searching.
LMAO

(08-14-2011, 10:59 AM)themaskedhood Wrote: It just kind of throws me off when I go through someones thread on here and they use a phrase like "if you want to make a deal you can contact US at whatever". I mean cmon.. There can only be ONE person typing. It just sounds like you are trying to throw off the other person into thinking you are some sort of business. Sorry.. just had to rant about it.
In my experience it usually is people who collect with there family members. I know a few that collect with a brother, father, or son.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

My wife insists I call it our Collection since she puts up with me being on here, going to cards shows, finding penny savers on the floor of evey room of the house, going to the post office for me and on and on

Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,