`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Goodwin blaster

2011 Goodwin blaster
I gave in to Target and bought a Goodwin blaster box - 12 packs.

Absolute garbage. I am guessing that this is about as awful as it gets.

I have to admit I like the set but the offerings are pathetically slim and you can get stuck with some real crap like a surfer or a snowboarder.

Highlights:

Jim Fitzsimmons SP
Rube Foster SP
Amy Rodriguez SP (Who?)
Harry Truman SP
Jules Verne SP

If these are so SP why are they not serially numbered and why did I get five of them?

Black mini John Lamb (pitching prospect)
Black mini Matt Lipka (weak baseball prospect)
Black mini john mallinger (a golfer I never heard of)

The box hit apparently is a Figures of Sport Paul Rabil Lacrosse card. That's right - lacrosse.

RE: 2011 Goodwin blaster
(08-04-2011, 11:50 PM)natejeffries Wrote: I gave in to Target and bought a Goodwin blaster box - 12 packs.

Absolute garbage. I am guessing that this is about as awful as it gets.

I have to admit I like the set but the offerings are pathetically slim and you can get stuck with some real crap like a surfer or a snowboarder.

Highlights:

Jim Fitzsimmons SP
Rube Foster SP
Amy Rodriguez SP (Who?)
Harry Truman SP
Jules Verne SP

If these are so SP why are they not serially numbered and why did I get five of them?

Black mini John Lamb (pitching prospect)
Black mini Matt Lipka (weak baseball prospect)
Black mini john mallinger (a golfer I never heard of)

The box hit apparently is a Figures of Sport Paul Rabil Lacrosse card. That's right - lacrosse.
If you like the set, how is it "garbage", "pathetically slim", or "real crap"? Did you not research the set before you bought a box?

This product is simply a lot more non-baseball oriented than even A&G is, but there is still some decent stuff in it.

The SP base cards are not supposed to be super short printed, just a little more difficult to get. You'll get either a base SP or a mini in every pack.

[Image: NewBitmapImage4-1.jpg]

[Image: NewBitmapImage2.jpg]

Working on: 2011 Topps 60/Next 60 unique Autos (50/142) & Relics (?/101)

For 20 bucks, I got a lacrosse player as my best card. That is why it is crap.

(08-05-2011, 03:48 AM)TheLastDude Wrote: If you like the set, how is it "garbage", "pathetically slim", or "real crap"? Did you not research the set before you bought a box?

This product is simply a lot more non-baseball oriented than even A&G is, but there is still some decent stuff in it.

The SP base cards are not supposed to be super short printed, just a little more difficult to get. You'll get either a base SP or a mini in every pack.

(08-05-2011, 11:44 AM)natejeffries Wrote: For 20 bucks, I got a lacrosse player as my best card. That is why it is crap.
That's the kinda stuff that has always been in Goodwin. Just like Allen & Ginter has it's oddity of stuff. It's only a waste because you didn't get what you wanted, but that's what you have a chance of getting and that's why it's a niche product.

Maybe I should be happy that I didn't get an auto of a skier or mixed martial artist. That would be much worse.

I like the set, I like the design and I like the cool boxing, horse racing and even the historic stuff.

But I draw the line with lacrosse and golfers who have made one cut of a tour in their life.

(08-05-2011, 11:44 AM)natejeffries Wrote: For 20 bucks, I got a lacrosse player as my best card. That is why it is crap.
EVERY box is a luck of the draw.
No matter what box it is.
And because you didn't pull $100 or $200 out of a $20 box it makes it crap right ?

i agree goodwin and ginter are over priced junk

i dont buy them

That's not true. Most boxes these days give you at least something cool for your money - either a game used, auto, or low serial numbered parallel.

This really was a junk box.

(08-05-2011, 04:36 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: EVERY box is a luck of the draw.
No matter what box it is.
And because you didn't pull $100 or $200 out of a $20 box it makes it crap right ?

(08-05-2011, 06:11 PM)natejeffries Wrote: That's not true. Most boxes these days give you at least something cool for your money - either a game used, auto, or low serial numbered parallel.

This really was a junk box.
Ok, but you did get a $20 retail blaster box. If you got a base SP or a mini in every pack then you got the stated guarantee. These boxes aren't any different than any others...it's all luck of the draw.

I've picked up three of those blaster boxes since they started hitting and have pulled autos out of two of them (Kolbrin Vitek and Brittany Lincicome).

If you wants to pull the guaranteed autos or relics you have to grab a hobby box or cross your fingers with retail product.

[Image: NewBitmapImage4-1.jpg]

[Image: NewBitmapImage2.jpg]

Working on: 2011 Topps 60/Next 60 unique Autos (50/142) & Relics (?/101)

I'm interested in the Lipka, PM me if trading
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)