`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help

Please help
I am fairly new and still don't know how everything works and have had some strange trade offers. The one that bothers me i guess is someone who does not have a subscription but still has an org wanting to trade. Thats a little scary to me because what recourse do i have if i get ripped off. It bothers me more because im newer and dont know if this person was a trusted trader and the fact i have to ship first to this guy. Im not saying any names and the person will probably see this. No hard feelings just want to enjoy this site the way it was intended.

RE: Please help
Never ship to anyone without a trader. Never even trade with them at all. The rules are in place for your protection as well as Beckett's. If you are new and so is he you ship same time. The only way you ship first is to an established trader. Look at their joined date and how many trades. If they are a member since 2003 or something with only 10 trades you are likely safe. They are just not active traders, but do trade when the need is there. If they are new yesterday, then you owe them nothing. If they are established with over 50 trades then you may have to ship first.

A lot of guys have no subscription any longer but pay for the organize. Others have less than 100 cards so they don't have to pay, but look at the number of trades they made and their feedback rating. It is also never a bad idea to check with someone who has completed a trade with them and see how it went.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

RE: Please help
(08-01-2011, 03:45 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Never ship to anyone without a trader. Never even trade with them at all. The rules are in place for your protection as well as Beckett's. If you are new and so is he you ship same time. The only way you ship first is to an established trader. Look at their joined date and how many trades. If they are a member since 2003 or something with only 10 trades you are likely safe. They are just not active traders, but do trade when the need is there. If they are new yesterday, then you owe them nothing. If they are established with over 50 trades then you may have to ship first.

A lot of guys have no subscription any longer but pay for the organize. Others have less than 100 cards so they don't have to pay, but look at the number of trades they made and their feedback rating. It is also never a bad idea to check with someone who has completed a trade with them and see how it went.
This is good advice, also if you do not feel comfortable trading with someone, there is nothing wrong with saying "no thank you" and cancel the trade. You do not have to accept every offer sent to you.