`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time cracking some boxes open in a while

First time cracking some boxes open in a while
it's been a while since i had the chance to buy a box of cards, so when the opportunity presented itself today i took it. i bought 3 retail boxes- a 2010 allen and ginter, a 2010 topps value box with 6 packs of topps '10, a pack of '10 a&g a chrome refractor and a million card giveaway code (already expired, damn) and one of those championship boxes with different packs from different years.

lets start with the last one. i don't believe i have EVER been more disappointed with a box of cards. I've bought a few of the different packs from different years boxes, and have some success (pulled my first gu out of one), but today's was terrible. the box has 4 clear windows, so u can see 4 packs. the four packs u dont see are what they screw you on. 1990 topps, 1992 upper deck 1994 ultra and 2007 topps were hidden inside a 2008 topps, 2007 ultra, 2008 toops heritage/update and 2008 masterpieces. and i pulled nothing. zippo. i was so disappointed cause i saved this box for last.

the 2010 topps value box was a little better. the topps packs yeilded some inserts and one copper card. the chrome refractor was a ripken jr (one of three choices including ruth and strasburg).

the first pack i opened was the a&g from the value box and bam i pulled a relic. i decided to open the full box of a&g next and first pack bam pulled another relic. i got a little spoiled. the rest of the packs had some cool rc, minis (some a&g back) and other cards, but not the rip card that ive wanted to pull since i first started buying a&g

all in all, i feel disappointed. i know i was buying retail and not hobby, but i felt like i didnt get much for just under 50 bucks. all cards i got today are available for trade, and if you are interesed in knowing more specifics i would be happy to share. thanks for reading!

RE: First time cracking some boxes open in a while
Don't think rip cards are in retail are they? But getting 2 relics out of that is nice. Many of us spent twice what you did to get 3 relics.

Yeah I don't think you can get rip cards from retail
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

i didnt think so but i can dream huh lol

LMK what mini's you got
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(07-30-2011, 11:31 AM)petesahuttt Wrote: LMK what mini's you got
i was hoping you would contact me!

15 Carlos Quentin
45 Justin Verlander
48 Alan Francis A&G back
181 tyler colvin RC A&G back
291 ron teasley A&g back
313 ryan domit A&G back
WB4 World's biggest tree
LO10 Lords of Olympus gaea
NA39 National Animals Sheep

found some more, and will do more digging if you want me to- these are '09 a&g minis

12 jermaine dye
71 albert pujols
114 hideki matsui
2 zach greinke a&g back
97 art pennington a&g back
203 scott kazmir black border
lmt15- creatures of legend myth and terror chupacabra
nh23- national heroes oda nobunaga
hhb2- world's biggest hoazes, hoodwinks and bamboozles- alabama changes value of pi
hhb19- world's biggest hoazes, hoodwinks and bamboozles- the cardiff giant

lmk if i'm helping cause i know i have more