`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Bowman Platinum 5 case break and contest thread (Contests closed)

RE: 2011 Bowman Platinum 5 case break and contest thread (Contests closed)
I thought kaleb cowart cards were selling really well?

Edit: Well, looking at completed listings, it seems some of his 2010 cards are still selling well. This year, not so much.

I collect Jackie Robinson, Dee Gordon, Daniel Nava.

So awesome, looks like they saved the Red Harper Auto for the very last box, nice of them!

Just ordered an inner case of 2010 Platinum, should have it Wednesday.
Do you remember about how long it took your Bonus Redemptions to come in?
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

(08-01-2011, 02:29 PM)phoenixrising34 Wrote: So awesome, looks like they saved the Red Harper Auto for the very last box, nice of them!

Some of the Redemptions didn't come in. Took about 6 weeks for my Robles to show up in the form of a Topps Chrome Mejia. Sell the redemptions.
Completing the following:

2010 Topps Chrome X-Fractors (142/220 - 64.5%)
2010 Bowman Platinum Refractors (60/100 - 60%)
2011 Topps Diamond (444/660 - 67.3%)

Finished 2011 Sets: Topps Series 1 Master, Heritage Master, Heritage Chrome, Gypsy Queen Framed Green, Gypsy Queen Minis, Heritage Black

(08-01-2011, 02:20 PM)amysb4212 Wrote: I thought kaleb cowart cards were selling really well?

Edit: Well, looking at completed listings, it seems some of his 2010 cards are still selling well. This year, not so much.
Hoping Kaleb Cowart picks it up! Go Angels!

(08-01-2011, 02:59 PM)griffan15 Wrote: Some of the Redemptions didn't come in. Took about 6 weeks for my Robles to show up in the form of a Topps Chrome Mejia. Sell the redemptions.
Yeah I was thinking of selling them to be honest, but I just hope I don't end up selling 6 Freeman Autos for $9-12 ea, LOL.

Case #5, Box #12

Emerald prospect refractors /599: Miguel Montero, Johermyn Chavez
Autos: Leon Landry, Cody Scarpetta
USA auto redemption
Auto relic /1166: Ozzie Martinez

Grade: D
Comments: No final box magic. That means the contest winner is andrewinnc – congratulations, well done! Now the summary, the sorting, and the remorse. Not really; it was fun, and there were parts of this break I really enjoyed.
(08-01-2011, 02:29 PM)phoenixrising34 Wrote: So awesome, looks like they saved the Red Harper Auto for the very last box, nice of them!

My Weilands are still out. I got all my Chisenhalls. I think those were my only two.
(08-01-2011, 02:20 PM)amysb4212 Wrote: I thought kaleb cowart cards were selling really well?

Exactly.
Case #5 Summary

Autos:
Deck McGuire
Hector Noesi (2)
Jen Segura
Matt Harvey
Leon Landry (2)
Anderson Feliz (2)
Clint Robinson
Jordan Pacheco (2)
Kyle Seager
Cody Scarpetta (2)
Jordan Swagerty
Clint Robinson
Deck McGuire
Mystery redemption

Emerald autos /399:
Kyle Seager
Brad Holt
Manny Machado

Blue autos /99:
Anderson Feliz
Randall Delgado
Domingo Santana

USA auto redemptions (2)

Dual auto /89: Dee Gordon / Leon Landry

Auto relics /1166:
Max Ramirez (2)
Brett Cecil
Emilio Bonafacio
Leo Nunez
Jesse Crain
Adam Rosales
Robinson Tejeda
Ozzie Martinez

Emerald auto relic /399:
Juan Francisco

Blue auto relic /99:
John McDonald

Gold auto relic /25:
J. P. Arencibia

Dual auto relic /89:
Adrian Gonzalez / Carl Crawford

Grade: D+
Comments: I think Cases #1 and #5 were about the same, and clearly the worst of the break. The Harpers definitely took some sting out of the bad break, but there’s no way to deny that this product is a disappointment. I think I got value equal to about 80% of what I paid; a relic checklist that corresponded to their projections might have made up the difference. I cannot recommend paying more than $75 a box for this product right now, and even then you need to be aware that 80% of your boxes will be losers overall. It’s a fun break, though, with lots of little hits guaranteed, and checklists that are short enough to complete without too much trouble. There are lots of options for sets too, including the numbered prospects at the high end, and the unnumbered xfractor prospects and colored base cards at the low end. The design of the cards is nice, and they have a lot of aesthetic appeal. My congratulations to the contest winners; I will be PMing you shortly once I do enough sorting to get your prizes ready for shipment (by tomorrow, I hope). Thanks for stopping in the thread, and I’ll see most of you again when Bowman Chrome comes out.

Nathan

(08-01-2011, 07:08 PM)pyweed Wrote: Comments: No final box magic. That means the contest winner is andrewinnc – congratulations, well done! Now the summary, the sorting, and the remorse. Not really; it was fun, and there were parts of this break I really enjoyed.
Yippee! Thanks a million Nathan! I guess this makes up for the Beckett contest 0-fer. I'm surprised at how close my prediction score was to the real thing. I might have to start collecting Padres. Smile
Man, that break was as bad as the 2010 Platinum was good. I've always enjoyed your breaks and contests and I hope you have better luck in selling them. Thanks again!
I collect 1977-Present Baseball of any team, especially the Braves (NL) and the Red Sox (AL). Considering an expansion into vintage. I am slowly adding cards and wants to my org.

Just to give you a little market info for the non auto stuff. I just sold a lot of 29 base Prospects for $15 on a one day auction and a Sean Coyle Red Refractor for $20.50, so looks like even the lower name Reds are selling decently.
I messed up my listing for the 17 X-Fractors I have and had to relist them to end tomorrow night, but they seem to be selling well.
Should bode pretty well for your BIG lots of extras you will be selling.

(08-01-2011, 07:57 PM)andrewinnc Wrote: Yippee! Thanks a million Nathan! I guess this makes up for the Beckett contest 0-fer. I'm surprised at how close my prediction score was to the real thing. I might have to start collecting Padres. Smile
Man, that break was as bad as the 2010 Platinum was good. I've always enjoyed your breaks and contests and I hope you have better luck in selling them. Thanks again!
I didn't think the Padres were going to come back for you, but you must have given them an effective pep talk. Well done!

BTW, finished sorting the prospects (four complete sets) and I'm going to start on the base cards (way too many sets).
(08-01-2011, 08:48 PM)phoenixrising34 Wrote: Just to give you a little market info for the non auto stuff. I just sold a lot of 29 base Prospects for $15 on a one day auction and a Sean Coyle Red Refractor for $20.50, so looks like even the lower name Reds are selling decently.
I messed up my listing for the 17 X-Fractors I have and had to relist them to end tomorrow night, but they seem to be selling well.
Should bode pretty well for your BIG lots of extras you will be selling.
Excellent, thanks. The prospects should do much better this year considering their relative scarcity. And with the longer prospect checklist, there might even be a better market for singles to complete sets.

BTW, there were 5 Harper base and 2 Harper Xfractors in my break, one complete xfractor set, and 4 complete prospect sets.

Darn, I was hoping for one of those sets lol. It was fun keeping up with the break though. I think I first followed your 2010 Bowman Chrome break, and I went back and read through all of your previous breaks lol. I like your box-by-box breakdown