`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caps - Panthers game just started.....

Caps - Panthers game just started.....
and the seats are mostly empty!!! I can't believe this is not a sellout!!!
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

RE: Caps - Panthers game just started.....
Bahahahahahaha! Because both teams are doing so well...

Randi

OK, it's filling in a bit more now, I guess there's no real need to get there for the opening face-off.... it just looks odd because *nobody* is sitting behind the Caps bench (they're playing in Florida).

I still say that a place that barely has snow should NOT have an NHL team!!!

Randi

(02-12-2013, 07:55 PM)rayeates Wrote: I still say that a place that barely has snow should NOT have an NHL team!!!

Randi
yup I agree

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

I disagree. Texas and SoCal actually have some pretty deep hockey histories of their own. Nashville has really seemed to embrace the team over the years. 2 teams in the Greater LA area do not too badly. Snowbirds from Canada have been able to sustain Tampa, though not Phoenix. Florida Panthers fans are responsible for a rule about throwing copious amounts of crap (mice) onto the ice after a goal. The fact they come and go based on the team's performance has nothing to do with where they are. I seem to remember a team having to move to the sunbelt because a snow covered wastland couldn't be bothered to buy tickets anymore when the team sucked.

Hockey belongs wherever there are people.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(02-12-2013, 08:27 PM)wickabee Wrote: I disagree. Texas and SoCal actually have some pretty deep hockey histories of their own. Nashville has really seemed to embrace the team over the years. 2 teams in the Greater LA area do not too badly. Snowbirds from Canada have been able to sustain Tampa, though not Phoenix. Florida Panthers fans are responsible for a rule about throwing copious amounts of crap (mice) onto the ice after a goal. The fact they come and go based on the team's performance has nothing to do with where they are. I seem to remember a team having to move to the sunbelt because a snow covered wastland couldn't be bothered to buy tickets anymore when the team sucked.

Hockey belongs wherever there are people.
I pretty much agree, but you have to see the irony on putting a hockey team in a place where an inch of snow closes the government, all businesses and sends people to the grocery store for milk and TP.....

(02-12-2013, 08:34 PM)mswatson Wrote: I pretty much agree, but you have to see the irony on putting a hockey team in a place where an inch of snow closes the government, all businesses and sends people to the grocery store for milk and TP.....
Oh absolutely, but are you going to tell me Dallas shouldn't have a team?
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Has anyone seen the empty seats in NJ at face-off. Here is a team that went to the SC Finals and cannot get a loyal following. I think the league needs to drop at least 2 teams and move at least 2 teams.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

(02-12-2013, 08:41 PM)wickabee Wrote: Oh absolutely, but are you going to tell me Dallas shouldn't have a team?
Not at all, like I said, I pretty much agree with you - if the local market supports it, no reason not to do it. I just see a bit of humor in it.