`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Taking a poll about shilling

Taking a poll about shilling
I just wanted to know how many of you still bid on an item that you know was shilled? I passed on a pretty nice Marino tonight because it was an obvious shill. Am I in the minority or the majority in this situation?

Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: Taking a poll about shilling
It ticks me off, but depending what the price is and what Im willing to go to I will still bid sometimes. I actually think I just did it the other day in order to obtain my dream card lol.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

i would have to say it depends on the print run of the card, or if its something that ill never get the chance at again.
[Image: VNTYXbe-Copy_zps4a0bcd1a.png]

I passed on a marino/griese dual jsy auto /25.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

I thought he was a great pitcher
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

honestly, it's hard for me to tell when someone is shilling on something, but I have a great example tonight. I was bidding on a pair of game used Marshawn Lynch cleats.

Highest bidder was like $60, and then it jumped to about $100 or so, and I made the high bid. All of a sudden it jumps up again an hour later to around $160 or so. I bid as high as $150 and said screw it. It's obvious that some is bidding them up to help the seller, and frankly it's not worth the crap.
[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA

i only do it if i really need the card and how often it comes up, also the price i'm willing to pay for such card.

Generally, if I get a card for a price I'm willing to pay, then I don't really care if I was shilled or not. Life's too short to worry about such things. However, if I lose an item to a shill then I get mad... And I guess if I get a second-chance offer too soon after the auction closes (like within a day or two - but the fastest ever was 30 seconds) then I'll refuse to buy - and I'll let them know why.

@gjhobbs LOL What are you doing bidding on something with more than 10 seconds left in the auction anyway? You're just inviting someone else to bid you up, whether it's legitimate or not! Ideally you want to put in your highest possible bid at the very end of the auction so nobody else has the ability to come in after you (including yourself). If you still end up losing, at least you know it went for more than you were willing to pay, and there was nothing else you could have done.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

I don't even bother to look. I don't care, to be honest. I place a snipe bid for what I am willing to pay in Gixen. If I get it, I get it. If I don't, I don't. Beyond that, I don't care what happens.
(01-06-2013, 12:37 AM)gjhobbs Wrote: honestly, it's hard for me to tell when someone is shilling on something, but I have a great example tonight. I was bidding on a pair of game used Marshawn Lynch cleats.

Highest bidder was like $60, and then it jumped to about $100 or so, and I made the high bid. All of a sudden it jumps up again an hour later to around $160 or so. I bid as high as $150 and said screw it. It's obvious that some is bidding them up to help the seller, and frankly it's not worth the crap.

That is definitely not proof of shilling. The only ones that show in Ebay history sold for $500. The current auction is at $141 with like 5 days left. What you are describing isn't shilling, it's.... bidding. If I got Lynch game used cleats for under $350, I would feel like a stole them.

that guy has a bunch of fakes and shills a lot of his cards, sorry man