`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flat out Panini sucks..........

RE: Flat out Panini sucks..........
That line about Vasyunov got me!!! That is in HORRID taste! Wow! I am absolutely shocked that Panini would actually release a redemption for Mr. Vasyunov and not be obliged to secure the facts! I can only imagine how insulting that would be to his family. I love Crown Royale, personally, and am going to buy a bit more... but if I yank one of the Vasyunov AU Redemptions I will send it to them with a write-up about him (may he rest peacefully under God's care)! Thanks for putting this forward, and I hope that Panini will get their heads out of their rear-ends soon. Best wishes.

Randi

(02-18-2012, 08:56 PM)rayeates Wrote: That line about Vasyunov got me!!! That is in HORRID taste! Wow! I am absolutely shocked that Panini would actually release a redemption for Mr. Vasyunov and not be obliged to secure the facts! I can only imagine how insulting that would be to his family. I love Crown Royale, personally, and am going to buy a bit more... but if I yank one of the Vasyunov AU Redemptions I will send it to them with a write-up about him (may he rest peacefully under God's care)! Thanks for putting this forward, and I hope that Panini will get their heads out of their rear-ends soon. Best wishes.

Randi
Just to make things clear it was from last years Crown Royal and his rookie year.

Sorry to hear you busted a bad case. Having bought a few cases myself all I can say is I try to be very picky and hope for the best. I love busting packs and understand the thrill of the chase (hopefully for a sweet case hit!!!) but sadly some of these companies only care about money and not customer satisfaction.
Ted Williams/Vintage Red Sox collector

Sad to read that they just don't care.

As was said, I now only buy singles I want and open a couple of boxes of BTP each year in hopes of hitting a Roy.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

(02-19-2012, 01:44 AM)oljey Wrote: Sorry to hear you busted a bad case. Having bought a few cases myself all I can say is I try to be very picky and hope for the best. I love busting packs and understand the thrill of the chase (hopefully for a sweet case hit!!!) but sadly some of these companies only care about money and not customer satisfaction.
Here is more proof, watch this and tell me if this is not 4 egotistical 12 year olds trying to "boost sales" of a watered down product? They could maybe spend more time dealing with CS issues and trying to get in touch with what the buying public would like to see improve.

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2012/...le-hockey/

Sorry to hear about your bad case
I wish I could afford to do what you do but I also just buy single cards from high end boxes and packs of upper deck and score

Hope you have better luck next time

(02-19-2012, 03:33 PM)canucks88 Wrote: Sorry to hear about your bad case
I wish I could afford to do what you do but I also just buy single cards from high end boxes and packs of upper deck and score

Hope you have better luck next time
Its not really about the "bad case", its about far too many bad cases and their total lack of respect for the consumer, and their redemption system.

I think it's time card companies stop making jersey & autograph cards of "fringe" players & rookies who'll never see more than a few games in the NHL. They just have no value anymore.

I usually stick with buying vinatge single for myself and UD 1 & 2 every year for my 10 year old son's collection. I love ITG Ultimate and most of the itg vintage type sets (Decades, Franchises etc..) but I just don't feel that I get value back for my dollar on any modern wax except UD 1 and 2.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

(02-20-2012, 09:27 AM)newfiecomicguy1 Wrote: I usually stick with buying vinatge single for myself and UD 1 & 2 every year for my 10 year old son's collection. I love ITG Ultimate and most of the itg vintage type sets (Decades, Franchises etc..) but I just don't feel that I get value back for my dollar on any modern wax except UD 1 and 2.
Could not agree with you more about the modern wax comment. As for Azicet's comment about the fringe players, I agree again 100% when I crack a $110 box and put 85% of the auto's and jersey's into my $2 box at the next show it only reinforces the "value" commet. When you lose $1200 on a case rip, the economics are really starting to hit home. I mean I know card cracking is not a money maker, but now it has turned into a bonus if you come close to breaking even. Again, no one to blame but myself for continuing to buy and crack.