Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
Hey Chris,
I've been trying to get a few cards listed on the site, and have had no luck. Wondering if you could help...

1) 2010 Bowman Platinum Jarrod Parker Refractor Auto
2) 2010 Bowman Chrome USA Stars Printing Plates (I have Dillon Maples Magenta). The auto plates are listed, but not the base.
3) 2009 Razor Distinction Matt Wieters Auto (I believe these were promo cards given away by hobby stores, but they're widely available online).

I've sent a couple of messages in an attempt to have these cards added to the online database but have received no response and I'd love to be able to trade them by having them in my org. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

Hi,

I was going through some of my cards and I noticed that my 1990 Upper Deck baseball Heroes Reggie Jackson card is missing the Upper Deck hologram at the back of the card (card 7 of 9).

I have seen copies where there is a hologram, and I was wondering how rare is this card without the hologram.

Thanks.

/Stan

(07-23-2011, 12:40 AM)roger rabbit Wrote: Hey Chris,
I've been trying to get a few cards listed on the site, and have had no luck. Wondering if you could help...

1) 2010 Bowman Platinum Jarrod Parker Refractor Auto
2) 2010 Bowman Chrome USA Stars Printing Plates (I have Dillon Maples Magenta). The auto plates are listed, but not the base.
3) 2009 Razor Distinction Matt Wieters Auto (I believe these were promo cards given away by hobby stores, but they're widely available online).

I've sent a couple of messages in an attempt to have these cards added to the online database but have received no response and I'd love to be able to trade them by having them in my org. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
If a card is missing send info and scan to bfleischer@beckett.com.

(07-31-2011, 03:08 PM)stanhansen Wrote: Hi,

I was going through some of my cards and I noticed that my 1990 Upper Deck baseball Heroes Reggie Jackson card is missing the Upper Deck hologram at the back of the card (card 7 of 9).

I have seen copies where there is a hologram, and I was wondering how rare is this card without the hologram.

Thanks.

/Stan
Misprints without holograms aren't the norm but they did happen.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

(09-23-2009, 07:29 PM)chrisolds Wrote: <i>Here's another sticky! Just for you guys...</i>

<b>Have a question about something? Post it here and I'll see if I can answer it. Who knows, it could end up in a future issue...</b>

I <b>don't handle pricing</b> ... that would be the "ask the senior price guide analyst" sticky thread to perhaps arrive over in the Beckett Baseball Pricing Forum.

I also <b>don't</b> handle <b>tech/site issues </b> or <b> customer service (subscriptions).</b> Please use customerservice@beckett.com.

Other than that, I'll see what I can do...

This is one of a few new things we're going to try online in terms of reader interaction projects. We're also soon going to try some multimedia projects as well.
2011 Topps #327 Christian Guzman listing in the baseball opg is showing one spelling the card another.

Cristian Guzman h is either wrong on card or in listing.

Thanks Joe

Van anyone tell me the difference and how to ID a card that is listed with a A or a B?

I have a Castro 2010 Bowman Chrome C but do not know if it is A or B.

The price guide lists BCP100A and BCP100B

Chris,
I have seen a 2008 UD Yankee Stadium Legacy Bat and Patch cards on eBay but they are not on the check list. Are these valid cards or are these rip offs?

Eric
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

How do I know if I have a Tiffany topps card? I have a Nolan Ryan topps card and it lists a tiffany topps one that looks exactly like the regular one. How do I tell the difference?

Can you tell me how can I tell if a card is a refractor or not? I don't know the difference. Does the card have a different number on it or design?

(08-16-2011, 07:33 AM)bigdz78 Wrote: How do I know if I have a Tiffany topps card? I have a Nolan Ryan topps card and it lists a tiffany topps one that looks exactly like the regular one. How do I tell the difference?
We answered this one in the July 2011 Beckett Sports Card Monthly -- Collecting 101 issue.

Tiffany cards will be glossy and on bright-white stock. Regular cards are not.

(08-20-2011, 12:19 PM)philfanuno1 Wrote: Can you tell me how can I tell if a card is a refractor or not? I don't know the difference. Does the card have a different number on it or design?
It will reflect more light back than a standard just like other Refractors you'll see out there.

Most often, they are marked as Refractor on the back. However, that is not always the case.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

did you notice a lack of upper range swisher cards for the new topps sets coming out, or is this just me.