`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remedies for the Retail Sharks

Remedies for the Retail Sharks
Stopped by a Target today at lunch time (had to pick up a couple of things) and I checked out the card section and much to my surprise, there was acutally something there:

Several Donruss blasters, Donruss Complete Sets, Leaf Charlie Hustle (with a Pete Rose auto per box), Allen & Ginter three packs, and Allen & Ginter fat packs.  Maybe the reason why something was there was that there was a new sign up since I had last been in that particular Target limiting Trading Cards to 2 per customer.

Now that is one remedy for the retail sharks.

But I thought of another one:

Collectors who buy boxes, post your bad breaks!

If you look at online breaks and posted breaks, you might get the impression that every box is good - even from retail, 
you mainly see people posting their top hits.  It might make  you think that every box is good.

Of course, if you buy boxes you know that isn't the case - you know that boxes rarely ever match their value - especially retail - and that is even when prices are normal.  

But people - and i know I am like this too - tend to only post good breaks - but rarely, do you see people posting the bad breaks.  Indeed, I even have heard people defend this - but I think that is encouraging the retail sharks and people to pay too much for boxes.

Indeed, I often do not get retail blaster boxes because they are not worth it - so I say in the interest of consumers, when you open a bad box, post it for the world to see.  

In that spirit, I present a bad break

2020 Luminance Hobby - Cost $200 (retail price should have been around $100 - and even at $100 this was a rough break)

Pack 1 - 250 Points
Pack 2 - Marquise Brown relic
Pack 3 - Steven Montez auto /399 (udfa rookie qb)
Pack 4 - John Hightower on card auto (5th round wideout)

Okay, its not retail, but wow that was a seriously bad box.

But remember, when you open a bad box, do your part for consumer protection and let everyone know.

And that also helps with the biggest solution for retail sharks - people not paying overinflated prices on the secondary market - remember, retail football is generally a terrible value at discounted prices.   So deter the retail sharks by posting your bad breaks and letting the world know just how bad they are.

Messages In This Thread
Remedies for the Retail Sharks - by ZSDOne - 10-15-2020, 01:39 PM
RE: Remedies for the Retail Sharks - by dogger99 - 10-15-2020, 06:46 PM
RE: Remedies for the Retail Sharks - by rjcj2017 - 10-15-2020, 09:46 PM
RE: Remedies for the Retail Sharks - by ZSDOne - 10-16-2020, 08:32 AM
RE: Remedies for the Retail Sharks - by rjcj2017 - 10-16-2020, 10:40 AM