`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Trout rookie cards

RE: Question about Trout rookie cards
(04-01-2020, 09:41 PM)ThomasAA23 Wrote: Lots of hype on Harper. Trout was always pegged to be a good player, well-above average in the minors and I think he was ranked high on prospect lists (top 10ish). Though I don't think he was ever thought of as the next greatest.
During his first call up in 2011, he did not hit well and was sent back down for a bit before being recalled again.

Matter of fact... I just found an old 2011 all star ballot and Trout is not listed (neither is Harper). So once again, 2011 Trout was still under the radar mid-season. I believe after the All Star game he started to tear things up and eventually became rookie of the year.
I still remember there was talk in 2012 about Trout gaining some weight in the off season and speculation that he would not be as fast on the base-paths or in the field ... and like so many ROY winners, the next year very few could fulfill the expectations. Boy, were they wrong.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Messages In This Thread
Question about Trout rookie cards - by cspen - 03-30-2020, 10:14 AM
RE: Question about Trout rookie cards - by cspen - 03-30-2020, 03:54 PM
RE: Question about Trout rookie cards - by cspen - 03-31-2020, 02:04 PM
RE: Question about Trout rookie cards - by cspen - 04-01-2020, 07:36 PM
RE: Question about Trout rookie cards - by DrMitchJ - 04-02-2020, 01:14 AM