Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
PSA/PWCC Lawsuit (!!!!!!)
Smile 
PSA/PWCC Lawsuit (!!!!!!)
Anybody else hear about the ongoing lawsuits against a couple of sports card memorabilia dealers AND a couple of sports card GRADING COMPANIES!! Latest article I've seen was in the Oregonian on 2/13/20.I recommend anyone and everyone who's reading this to google the article and check it out, it has all the facts like dates, names and quotes The class action complaint alleges that an Oregon company (and others) Defrauded Baseball Card Collectors alleging that these (dealers) companies knowingly altered cards and sold them for EXTREMELY HIGH PRICES both on ebay and other online auctions and in live auctions. The lawsuit also shows evidence that PSA from the parent company Collectors Universe co. engaged in fraud when they knowingly provided statements of authenticity AND HIGH GRADES for cards that had been altered (i.e. trimming, touch up painting etc)!!!! And this is only the latest in a long running controversy alleging the same claims against these and other companies. The litigation submitted in Orange County California names PWCC and PSA. Claiming they defrauded baseball card collectors by knowingly altering cards and then giving them high grades which made them cost Hundreds of Thousands and even over A MILLION dollars As one attorney stated (and I think personally that this is SO true) that "baseball cards that have been altered are only worth a fraction of these high price tags, because THE AUTHENTICITY IS (in part) THE BASIS OF THE VALUE OF A CARD for collectors"(!!!!!!!!!)
So, I think we've ALL wondered at one time or another whether the "fight is fixed" when it comes to the grading of and subsequent value of the cards we all collect so passionately. Well, there you go, these lawsuits may work towards confirming our worst fears. But, I suppose it is just like other things in life, do we let the proverbial "bad apples spoil the whole bunch?" My personal opinion is this: I CHOOSE to collect cards, I CHOOSE TO because I LOVE the hobby, I LOVE the sport of Baseball, and I love them so much that they're a part of me somehow. Whether my cards are worth a million dollars or ten bucks I'm not just gonna give it all up because of someone else's opinion of their monetary value. I mean, hey, just because a couple of teams i.e. a handful of players have cheated in the past few years do we just throw in the towel and abandon the game of Baseball? I choose not to. So after my rant what do you think?
"The Rose goes in the front big guy..."

Messages In This Thread
PSA/PWCC Lawsuit (!!!!!!) - by ceylan00 - 02-14-2020, 05:18 PM
RE: PSA/PWCC Lawsuit (!!!!!!) - by kerryandbeth - 02-14-2020, 07:15 PM
RE: PSA/PWCC Lawsuit (!!!!!!) - by mgruber2 - 02-14-2020, 09:45 PM
RE: PSA/PWCC Lawsuit (!!!!!!) - by jack pfiester - 02-15-2020, 01:05 AM
RE: PSA/PWCC Lawsuit (!!!!!!) - by zeprock - 02-15-2020, 08:36 AM
RE: PSA/PWCC Lawsuit (!!!!!!) - by dimarco73 - 02-15-2020, 09:55 AM
RE: PSA/PWCC Lawsuit (!!!!!!) - by btrav13 - 02-15-2020, 11:13 AM
RE: PSA/PWCC Lawsuit (!!!!!!) - by y2hood - 02-15-2020, 10:35 PM
RE: PSA/PWCC Lawsuit (!!!!!!) - by ceylan00 - 02-16-2020, 03:53 AM
RE: PSA/PWCC Lawsuit (!!!!!!) - by rjcj2017 - 02-18-2020, 01:45 PM