`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of an era. A tribute to the ITG "Made To Order" card. My story...

RE: End of an era. A tribute to the ITG "Made To Order" card. My story...
Curt

Do you have any contact for Dr Price? It would be really good if we could ask him to publish a checklist of all the Made to Order redeemed cards. I hope he would agree as it would be useful knowledge to have in the collecting community as time goes on. I know I find it challenging sometimes if I am looking for something 50 to 100 years old and no good checklist exists.

For the 2001-02 MTO cards I have seen 7 of the cards. I am not sure why the 8th redeemed card was.

1) Gretzky NYR
2) Gretzky EDM
3) Lemieux White 1
4) Lemieux White 2
5) Lemieux Black
6) Bure
7) Gaborik
8) ??? Possibly Roy
9) Not Redeemed
10) Not Redeemed

I believe the 2001-02 set up was the only Ultimate set to ever have non- Made to Order redemption cards. There were three other redemption cards each out of 10. They were for

1) Calder Winner (Heatley)
2) Vezina Winner (Theodore)
3) Hart Winner (Theodore)

I have all three and have always wonder how many of each were redeemed. For ITG Action and ITG VIP Rookie cards ITG released how many of each were redeemed. For ITG Action even though each RC had 750 redemptions inserted no card had even half redeemed before the expiration date. (I still need about 5 of 24 rookies from it as they are not easy to find). I would assume with the higher price point Ultimate would have a higher redemption rate. I was always surprised that 2 of the first year Made to Order were never redeemed as they were like a golden ticket to the chocolate factory when they came out. The two in my collection I purchased years after (I even felt bad about buying the Bure card as I know the Bure collector was a big Member of this board years ago and it was the crown jewel in his collection. He had a good reason at the time why he needed to sell - university if I remember correctly but always felt when he got older he would regret having parted with it).

ITG has always been very collector focused. For the four 2003-04 Complete Package Habs cards that I showed above they were nice enough to let me pick the pictures of each player I wanted. I selected pictures from they had previously used. I think I managed to select 4 pictures that captured what each player was known for. The fire in the Rocket's eyes, Lafleur streaking down the ice as the Blonde Demon, Plante relaxing by himself and Roy competitive.

The reason I got out of cards for almost a decade was because they lost their official NHL license. After the lock out the only set I build was the ITG International Ice. Now I am back there is not much in the past decade that I want other than a complete Upper Deck set and OPC set from each year plus the Piece of History cards. I find I am buying more old ITG pre lock out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: End of an era. A tribute to the ITG "Made To Order" card. My story... - by david20009 - 07-29-2015, 02:39 AM