`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I lost $1,000 on my 2013-14 Panini Gold Standard Case Break

RE: I lost $1,000 on my 2013-14 Panini Gold Standard Case Break
Tough break in terms of dollar value and certainly not any of the great hits you see in many other case breaks.

The Pippen auto is nice and I'm sure the Magic would be too if it wasn't a redemption.

I certainly understand you feelings about breaking product for fun. I love opening boxes (my wife would kill me if I even mentioned a case!) and I always think any great cards you pull feel so much more memorable than those you buy as singles.

I still remember fondly the first auto I pulled from a pack (Chris Carr Autographics) though I have no idea what the first auto was I purchased as a single even though it was no doubt a card I wanted a lot more.

You obviously get better value and the specific cards you want buying singles. However, I just don't get that same feeling I do when making a great pull.

Great blog too.

Best of luck with your future breaks.

(03-01-2014, 11:29 AM)vgqv Wrote: Its funny, my reaction after a box or pack break is based more on how well the player might be in the NBA. For example, if I pulled a Thaddeus Young auto I'd be ecstatic because I love the way he plays but his auto cards may not be worth a lot. That doesn't matter to me. I love basketball and collecting NBA cards.

I wish I had the same attitude more often, unfortunately I too often get focused on the BVs of the cards!
[Image: 15d2r7p.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I lost $1,000 on my 2013-14 Panini Gold Standard Case Break - by dodgydave - 03-03-2014, 01:46 AM