`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
25+ listed OPG sets/parallels that don't partially/fully exist…or do they?

RE: 25+ listed OPG sets/parallels that don't partially/fully exist…or do they?
(09-08-2014, 07:13 PM)jjoy Wrote: So a guy that had the 1993 Action Packed Mint Parallel of Troy Aikman on Ebay finally relisted it at a low enough opening bid that I had to grab it. Got it in the mail today. I know Mbostick has posted the Steve Young one on this thread. I am still not completely convinced a Mint parallel for every card in the 1993 Action Packed set exists though.
This is one of these parallels that I cannot give a definitive opinion of. My opinion seems to be change from week to week.

However, I now am now much more inclined to believe that parallels do not exist for every card in the set. The letter shown reinforces my belief that just a handful of these cards in the set, specifically those of superstars from the era, also have parallels. It does not seem likely that there would be 500 winning certificates for all 200 cards within the set. If that be the case then 100K winning certificates would have been created.

Also a mystery concerns the case the card comes in. Years ago I saw a base card listed online encased in this same Action Packed holder.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 25+ listed OPG sets/parallels that don't partially/fully exist…or do they? - by nittany13 - 09-08-2014, 11:06 PM