`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
OT:: a little local baseball history

RE: OT:: a little local baseball history
(02-18-2013, 02:35 AM)michaelstepper Wrote: Have a sports room and was looking for some great pics of historic baseball events when it occurred to me my hometown and current residence had a rich baseball history all it's own and quite the unique story.
Starting (depending on source) 1899-1902 men would play baseball on the mud flats at low tide. No big machinery or enough flat land around here to build a ballfield. Anyway tons of pics to go through at the local museum but here's a few faves I may have matted and framed

Wow. That's really cool! Thanks for posting those pix. What a cool baseball history.
A buddy of mine lives in Hoboken, NJ and took me to the Elysian Fields, believed to be the site of the first organized baseball game. It was a great feeling to actually stand on that spot where it probably all began.

If you want to see pix of The Elysian Fields, check out my buddy's website
http://www.hobokenbaseball.com/
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT:: a little local baseball history - by DrMitchJ - 02-20-2013, 11:40 AM