`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2012 Topps Football standard set Question

2012 Topps Football standard set Question
I collected when I was a kid. I have some pretty awesome cards and rookies from 1983-about 1989. I kept them all nice, but this was back in a time when the only choice in cards was pretty much Topps.Just started collecting again and I am super confused!

Just recently, I bought a few value boxes of 2012 Topps football (i guess they are the standard edition with Andrew Luck on the box/packs). I pulled an RG3 Rookie Jumbo Jersey Relic and got hooked on collecting again. In the past few weeks, I have bought every value box (red box with some packs, a guaranteed RG3 or Luck refractor and a pack of platinum), and also I have bought these other boxes that guarantee a jumbo rookie relic or 1957 green border rookie (not packs inside, just one deck wrapped in plastic)... So I have bought every box that 2 local walmarts and kmart had of these two kinds of boxes. (spent alot of money)

In all of these cards I have bought, I have pulled out a few good cards, but only one autograph and the guaranteed relics. No one special except for the RG3 and a Rusell Wilson.

I am not trying to be stupid or ignorant, I am brand new to the collecting hobby again, I am just wondering why I am not pulling hardly any special cards or autographs. Is there a better method that I am missing? I know they are rare and am not expecting something awesome in every box, but for the amount that I have purchased, I would think that I would have pulled a few more of the better cards.

Any tips on collecting this set would be appreciated, and I thank you in advance for replying!

Messages In This Thread
2012 Topps Football standard set Question - by khalz75 - 02-05-2013, 02:49 PM