`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mickey Mantle Collection plus

RE: Mickey Mantle Collection plus
(01-09-2013, 05:05 PM)pawpawdiv9 Wrote: There is big hype over PSA & Mastro due to the altering of the Honus Wagner card. There are many collectors that prefer PSA, some think they draw more premium prices.
Stick with the big 3 grading companies: Beckett, PSA, SGC
Others are considered 'overgraded" and just hand out 10's for anything.
I, myself have all 3 and other companies. You could do your own set registry too.
There are several good auction houses. To name a few; Heritage, Goodwin, Mastro, Mile High, Memory Lane, REA, Sotheby, Legendary, Clean Sweep, Sterling, Old Judge, and many others.

Off topic, do you have any of them, not considering grading, that are raw, really low condition that are for sale....I had to ask?

Please post scans of your collection..So we can see it. You can use Photobucket, just copy/paste the image link here. Most people use scanners for better pics too.
It's funny you mentioned the Honus Wagner card. In 1985 I was given the opportunity to purchase his card for $15K, Instead I purchased the complete 1952 topps set for the $15K. Some years later Gretsky & Kings owner purchased that very same card and you know the rest of the history on that wagner card.

I had bookmarked most of the auction houses a while ago, never got to doing anything about grading my cards. Like John Lennon said "Life happens when your busy making other plans" Sorry I do not have low type condition Mantle cards, nor anyone else for that matter. Everything either perfect or close to it. I can scan and will as I pick up each card or group of cards for grading from my deposit box at the local bank. Last thing I want to have happen is go around bragging or telling people what I have for fear of a home invasion of which happened to a guy not to far from where I live. They came into his house, pointed a gun to his head and forced him to open his safe. Ain't happening to me! Besides some 20 years have past quietly from the days I collected all these cards/sets etc. Best said was nothing said! I just hope this site's privacy keeps it that way. You never know!
What's also odd even for me is all my Mantle cards were hand picked at a time when it was possible to do that, best of the best! To surface now no doubt will rattle the entire sports collecting industry as each card gets graded and I decide what to do with them. I heard some years ago Barry Halpern heard about me, or knows of me. Whoopie do!

Messages In This Thread
Mickey Mantle Collection plus - by BombersBest - 01-08-2013, 12:20 PM
RE: Mickey Mantle Collection plus - by pawpawdiv9 - 01-08-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Mickey Mantle Collection plus - by pawpawdiv9 - 01-09-2013, 05:05 PM
RE: Mickey Mantle Collection plus - by BombersBest - 01-09-2013, 10:25 PM