`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Beckett Apprasial service.......am I the only one that finds this sketchy?

RE: Beckett Apprasial service.......am I the only one that finds this sketchy?
(12-28-2012, 02:45 PM)richk Wrote: Since the cards are low print run, there should be a presumption that the condition should be nm/mt or better as all the cards should be from 1997 to the present.

In addition, here is a good example -- I have a Mike Trout In the Game Autograph Card which the ITG web site was printed to 10 cards. Needless to say, it is probably worth it for me to get an idea is anyone else has sold the card recently. Granted, the pre-2012 sales are probably too low but still a good idea to see what is out there. In addition, I don't have the time to monitor EBay daily to see what is out there.

In other words, not a bad idea in design

Rich

All of us have seen plenty of cards pack fresh that aren't NRMT or better. Making the assumption that just because you pulled it it's mint is the exact flaw in the system I'm bringing up.

Also, as Beckett's ad for this service clearly states, any card is fair game for this service, not just low print run cards. The fear is that people will take, for example, a poor condition 50s Mantle, use the service, say it's mint when submitting, and suddenly they have Beckett's name and an artificially appraised value to trumpet to lesser educated buyers.

My basic concern is that Beckett doesn't look at what they're appraising and relies on the word of someone who either doesn't know how to grade their cards or doesn't want their card's value to suffer along with its true condition.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beckett Apprasial service.......am I the only one that finds this sketchy? - by pacrimcollectibles - 12-29-2012, 11:23 AM